Ruger 22/45 four inch bull barrel.

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
GlennGTR1
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 all weather ultralight

Ruger 22/45 four inch bull barrel.

Post by GlennGTR1 »

I have had my eye on one of these for a good time now. Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it. I want a short semi auto accurate 22 for my filson small field bag. Will be used for plinking,target,small game and survival tool.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Ruger 22/45 four inch bull barrel.

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Glenn: One of our EORFS crew, Rat Force One, has a Ruger 22/45 with 4" barrel. I use an old MK-I 5" bull barrel target. His shoots right alongside my target model (same barrel on both), and we can't see any difference in accuracy between the two. My MK-I is dang near as accurate as my Smith & Wesson Model 41 Match, and it's worth over $1K. The little Rugers hold their own.

Here's Dan's pistol at work on Skippy:

Mine for comparison:

I don't think you'd regret getting one of these little guns, and if you didn't like it (doubtful), they're easy to sell.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Rat Force One

Post by Rat Force One »

Glenn,

Yes indeed that gun was an excelent purchase for me. I have that gun on me at all times in the field. I take it plinking and use it anytime I'm teaching a new shooter. You won't regret getting one.

As you can see they are so good you can make a squirell play dead, as seen in Rick's photo.

Good luck,

Dan
nothing beats red mist in the morning
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

RF1,

If thought about picking up one of those myself. Lately, when I go out I take my S&W Model 41 and blast those little "critters" too. I've seen the MK-1 like Ricks up and down the firing line for years. Usually all they need is a trigger job.

HTH
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Yup, the trigger is a little heavy on the Rugers but it's an easy fix as just about everyone makes aftermarket parts for Rugers. Gary
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Post by Critter »

The ruger has a significant advantage over browings and S&W and others in that it has no slide. This makes easy to fit rails and sights to the pistol as shown above.

Very fine pistols and one of Bill Rugers (who many regard as a firearms genius) earliest designs.

Shown below with after market sights is the 1963 version of the Ruger Standard which when introduced in 1949 sold at a very reasonable $32.50. Various marks have since sold in quantities exceeding 2,000,000 units.

I could only afford a high standard something or other, but later ended up with a browning medalist which came in a very attractive box with weights that could be attached to the barrel. Never did quite understand that one, but it made my Dad and his friend quit shooting with me because it was more accurate than their revolvers for some reason. :huh: