High Standard Customer Service...Excellent..!!

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
Bayou City Boy

High Standard Customer Service...Excellent..!!

Post by Bayou City Boy »

About a year ago, I picked up a used short barreled High-Standard Sharp Shooter pistol for a very good price. The pistol is very accurate and has functioned flawlessly. Being all steel, it is heavier than the normal 22LR semi-auto, but when you pull the trigger, there is almost zilch felt recoil in your hand and the pistol stays on target.

This AM I called High Standard, which was bought from the Connecticut owners @1990, IIRC, and was moved to Houston, to see about ordering a couple of extra magazines for the pistol. The lady I spoke to told me since I was in Houston to come down to their facility and they would let me in and I could buy them there instead of ordering them. So, I did.

After buying the two magazines a gentleman asked me if I had the pistol with me - which I didn't. He told me to bring it in some time and they would adjust the feed lips for best feeding on the two magazines at no cost. So, being only 15 minutes from them, I went home and returned about an hour later with the pistol and the new magazines.

When I returned, the owner of the company met me at the door and I explained why I was there. He looked at the pistol and told me with the short barrel that it was one of the first pistols turned out in Houston. He said the short barrels were actually bought from the original High Standard company when he bought the company.

He asked me if I could leave the pistol for 45 minutes and they would get the magazines "regulated". So I left, had lunch, and came back in @ 45 minutes and was told they were just finishing up my pistol and magazines. The owner was there again and he explained that he had an armorer go through the pistol and they literally gutted it of springs, pins, extractor, etc. and replaced every thing internally with new parts - Everything!! including hammer, extractor, etc. - and then regulated the magazines - and rapid fired 30 rounds through each magazine to check functioning.

And the did all this for the price of two magazines...!! I was amazed... The pistol had functioned flawlessly for me since I bought it, and now its like new again inside...

Anyway..... If you're in the market for a nice 22LR pistol, they are a bit pricey, but quality High Standards are still being turned out in Houston, along with a few other firearms.

http://www.highstandard.com/

And, IMO, their customer service is excellent...!

Here's a pic of the pistol and the two new magazines I bought today...

-BCB
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: High Standard Customer Service...Excellent..!!

Post by Captqc »

WOW! :eek: I'm moving to Texas and getting one of those!!! :lol: Now that's great service!!!! Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

BCB: Now, that's the kind of customer service we used to get everywhere many years ago. It's comforting to know there are still some outfits around that know what customer service actually is, and are willing to give it the way it should be.

Congrats on a nice little rimfire pistol. Nice to have mags that have been factory tuned to the gun also....very nice indeed. :D

Thanks for sharing a "Good Guy" report. Refreshing to say the least.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Thanks for the comments...

As an aside to what the owner of HS told me yesterday about my pistol, I had never noticed it on this pistol before, but after being told the barrel came from the old High Standard Company inventory, last night I noticed that the smaller stamping on the barrel assembly reads:

HIGH STANDARD MFG. CORP.
HAMDEN, CONN. USA

The larger stamping on the receiver reads:

HIGH STANDARD MFG. CO. INC.
HOUSTON,TX

Gary:

Off topic, but there are a lot of great reasons besides HS being here to want to move to Texas... Of course, YMMV on that issue..! :wink:

-BCB
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

BCB, I've spent a lot of time in Texas as we have a large project in Dallas and I've done work in Houston as well. I like to go down to the Kema Boardwalk and have dinner at Landry's when I'm in town. Gary
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Gary:

Let me now when you're down here sometime and I'll take you to the Aquarium for dinner... They have them in both Kema and downtown Houston... Or we can find a good Cajun Papadeux's Restaurant if you like assorted seafood scavenged from road ditches...... :lol:

-BCB
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

BCB, we are hoping to be awarded another project in Houston so if that happens I'll be down. And yes, I've eaten at Papadeux! Later! Gary