Thanks captq

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Thanks captq

Post by futuretrades »

After receiving the barrel I purchased from captq, I finally got around to mounting it on my new Ruger III, plain jane. I then purchased a Tasco Red dot scope for the pistol. I went out to my shooting spot yesterday, and sighted everything in at 25 yards. Shooting just a tad high @25 yards. My reasoning for just a tad high at 25, is because this is my 1st autloader. My 3 revolvers are sighted so the target is just sitting on the front rest. Don't know if this is the best way to do things, but its my pistol and I will do as I like! :lol:
With about 20 rounds down the tube shooting off a rest, I was very happy. 5 shot group at about 1 in @ 25 yards. I figured I might as well try some longer shooting. Just picking out 12ga empties at various ranges, I was hitting at a rate of 6 out of 10 shots with a rest. Sometimes doing better. I will try my best to post a couple pics:

I am unable to download pics to photobucket at this time! :wall: :huh:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Thanks captq

Post by Captqc »

Kevin, glad to hear you are happy! Can't wait to see how she turned out. Gary