Sako Quad Consistency

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
K22

Sako Quad Consistency

Post by K22 »

With Fall/Winter just around the corner, plus this great "Fallish" weather we've been having had me in the mood to do some shooting. The last couple of days I got the Coyote rifles out of mothballs and made sure they were still zeroed and shooting consistent groups. Not having shot for about 5 months sure brought out my rustiness, but it wasn't to long and I was back in the swing of things.
One of my Coyote rifles is my Sako Quad in 22mag. and I'm telling ya, it is a real pleasure to shoot. Anytime you have a 22mag. that will consistently group 5 shots into .5 to .75" at 100yds. it is a real joy to shoot.
Altogether I shot 50 rounds of Win. Super X 40gr. hp. and at no time did they groups exceed 3/4" and most were right at the 1/2" mark. Several groups had nice little cloverleafs with all the holes touching each other.Heck, that's hard for my Centerfires to do that good.
Anyway, I had a great time and was again reminded just how good the Sako Quads are.

K22
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Sako Quad Consistency

Post by glenn asher »

Not quite in the same league are your Sako, but I just picked up a new CZ 455 switchbarrel gun, in .22LR and .17HMR. It looks pretty simple to swap barrels, but I haven't done so yet. .22 WMR barrels are also available (but I have a .22 Hornet, so I probably won't buy one).

I presume they were made to compete with the Quad, but since I haven't shot it yet, I can't brag OR make excuses for it :mrgreen: .
Still, it's got some fairly goodlooking wood on it, and I have high hopes.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!