Finally decided on a .22..........

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
Keith in Ga

Finally decided on a .22..........

Post by Keith in Ga »

or actually decided on TWO rimfires. I shot the first gun (with scope), with the peep sights prior to buying my scope. I haven't shot an iron sight gun in probably 30+ years. I really enjoyed re-learning the peep sights, and actually shot some pretty decent groups. I decided that I wanted to have one scoped rifle, and buy another for the peep target sights. I have shot the scoped rifle more, and trying to find the right ammo combination to shoot in matches. Both rifles are really a lot of fun.

Here's a 10 shot group at 50 yds, with the peep sights.

Here are some groups testing ammo at 50 yards, with scope, and HIGH winds.
ImageImage
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: Finally decided on a .22..........

Post by Ray P »

Keith Very very nice. Good luck with both. I still have my Anschutz model 54 target rifle in 22LR with apature sights. It loved Eley ten X orange box. By the looks of your one group, yours like Eley ammo too!!
Yep I side with when shooting a 22LR and the winds decides to blow.
Thanks for sharing nice pics.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Keith,
Having not been around target rifles before, what are the two blocks for on the barrels?
Congratulations,
Jon
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Ramos, sorry for the late reply. As far as I know, they are blocks for mounting one of the LONG target scopes. These guns were built by Kimber in the mid 80's for the Army marksman ship program. It has a Wilson barrel (not sure if it is the same Wilson group that now owns Cooper), but would be nice to know. I've been looking for a target .22 for quite some time, and I'm really pleased with the guns, especially for their price.
ImageImage
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Thanks Keith, and have fun!
GaryC
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12BTV

Post by GaryC »

I'll tell you now, if you want to get in on the Kimber 82G, you need to get one NOW before they are gone. As of December they had a little over 1,000 of the rifles left (out of the 20,000 original) and CMP has been selling them like hot cakes. I want to get another one, but I've just spent a ton of money on my reloading gear for my .204.

I have a Mueller 8-32x44 Target scope on mine, and it's accurate. However, I have more fun shooting it with the aperture sight sets installed. The only real problem is parts availability, as in there aren't any. There are some things floating around, but not too much, and the current Kimber of America does not support this rifle in any way, shape or form. It's a pure KoO rifle.

For $423 delivered to your door, it is probably the best deal going.

http://www.thecmp.org/22targetsurplus.htm This is the sales page.

http://www.thecmp.org/eligibility.htm This is what you have to be to order one of the rifles.

There are two variants, the 'Rusty' and the 'Non-Rusty.' There is no rust on them, or very little. It's mainly dried preservative. The 'Rustys' that have been delivered in the last month don't even have that on them. They are pristine, except for the slice on the stock or barrel from Pvt. Slingblade when they opened ever box to check for serial numbers.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/fo ... y.php?f=19 Look at Rimfire Central and the Kimber forum for more info on this fine rifle, and get them while you can. Once they're gone, the value will only skyrocket.

Gary
http://www.catsmeowcafe.com/qrcode.htm

My avatar on other websites is a QR code, which I can't upload here. The link above takes you to the same place.

God, Family, Country
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Hey GaryC...the 2 top links You provided aren't working,do You any other links that will take me to find one of the Kimber 82G Rifles...I've never heard of them...are they pretty good Rifles to have and own? :chin: :huh:
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

Kieth
My budddy in Hartwell,shoots one in smallbore bench competition,and uses Wolf target ammo.He shot a perfect 250 21X w/iron sights,and didn't place against similar guns(Ikimber 82)
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

I went to the RimFire Central Web Site and did a lot of serious reading up on the Kimber Model 82 ...pretty neat story behind those Rifles..might have to see if I can get one? ;)