Flash Hole Deburring/Uniforming Tool

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Re: Flash Hole Deburring/Uniforming Tool

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

i will have an answer to that question next week when i receive the tool for testing.
kenbrofox wrote:Wirelessguy,
What will be the diameter of the flash hole after 'uniforming' with the new tool? TIA.ken.
Fred_C_Dobbs
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter Low Profile

Post by Fred_C_Dobbs »

Holey Moley! Sinclair sure thinks a lot of their flash hole deburring tool ...$32 worth!! Todd Kindler sells the K&M .20 version for $18.
wirelessguy2005

the tool that i will be offering is the best of both worlds, better quality than the sinclair tool and priced closer to the K&M tool. If you want to add your name to the list for one of the tools please PM me. Thanks
Fred_C_Dobbs wrote:Holey Moley! Sinclair sure thinks a lot of their flash hole deburring tool ...$32 worth!! Todd Kindler sells the K&M .20 version for $18.
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Post by remy3424 »

If the handle comes off so it can be "motorized" I would be interested.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

I second the motorized part. Would need to fit my RCBS prep station.
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Post by remy3424 »

If he has the ability to make the tool, threading it for the prep station should be the easy part.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
wirelessguy2005

we are initially making them to be used as a hand tool only. However i will look into the option of "motorized". Thanks for the idea's, please keep them coming.
remy3424 wrote:If the handle comes off so it can be "motorized" I would be interested.
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

I recently bought the K&M flash hole deburring tool direct for $12.Their shell holders are cheaper that other suppliers as wel.I processed 500 WW 204 Brass with no problems or sore fingers.Later,I did te same with 500 Rem brass,and still have a scab on my thumb just above the first joint.I aso have a Sinclair flash hole uniformer,but it is not effective for removing burrs from the inner flash hole.On that Rem brass,about every 8-10 cases had burrs so tough,I couldn't turn the cutter,without locking the case in pliers or some sort of locking shell holder like Sinclair,that uses Lee shell holders.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Joe, try wearing a pair of thin leather buckskin gloves for the task. Protects your fingers nicely.

A better option is to remove the silly wire nut "handle", and chuck the tool up in your power screwdriver. Wear a glove on your shell-holding hand, and you'll blow right through the next batch of cases. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Joe, try wearing a pair of thin leather buckskin gloves for the task. Protects your fingers nicely.

A better option is to remove the silly wire nut "handle", and chuck the tool up in your power screwdriver. Wear a glove on your shell-holding hand, and you'll blow right through the next batch of cases. ;)

Thanks Rick.After handling a couple hunderd pieces of brass in my left hand,I put on a rubber glove that keptmy hand clean and gave me the ncessary grip to cut through thoes tough burrs.I'm not going to do any more Remington cases,and wiil take your advice and chuck te tool up in my 3/8" DeWalt cordless,and wear a rubber or leather glove on the right hand.Sent you a PM regarding the Moyer Trigger.
wirelessguy2005

UPDATE

I had a chance to look at a prototype of the new flash hole debur tool today. Its coming along nicely and should be finished up soon. The tool is made of stainless steel, and will be able to be used by hand or chucked up in a drill. As i stated before the quality of it is much better than anything else on the market. I hope to have the finished product in my hand shortly and then i will test it and post pictures for everyone to see. :D
wirelessguy2005

I received another update on the flash hole deburr tool today. We will be offering them with a standard cutter and there will also be an option of a carbide cutter. I will keep you guys updated as new information comes in. I hope to have some pictures posted very shortly.
wirelessguy2005

I will have the smaller version of the .17 cal flash hole deburr tool in my hands and ready to ship within the week. The smaller version is good for the smaller cased .17's.(like the .17 fireball, etc.) We will be producing the flash hole debur for the larger .17's like the 17 remington over the next couple weeks. I will also have the .20 cal flash hole debur tool within the next couple weeks. The price will be $20 including shipping (shipping Via Standard Postal Service to keep the cost down). Please private message me if you are interested in one.

Thanks,
Brad