PRVI brass ?

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

PRVI brass ?

Post by Bill K »

How does this brand compare with others ? Is it along the lines of LC ? Military or civilian ? BIll K :)
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Re: PRVI brass ?

Post by Wrangler John »

My experience is with the .223 Remington brass. It is very good brass as far as I can tell, about on a par with Winchester and cheaper still. The only difference is that the primer pockets are a bit deeper so they don't clean up with a uniformer tool as well, but then again that means they are slightly deeper and more consistent. All the uniformer does is remove a slight ring at the outside of the pocket. Neck thicknesses are very consistent also. I am in the process of working up loads for a Colt M-4 H-Bar Elite Carbine with 20" barrel, and used a bag of Privi brass from a new lot I had in stock. The brass performed perfectly, with several groups running around .5" with a few blow-it's opening them up to around 1" due to the heavy trigger. In the Savage Varmint rifle it shoots very consistently, down in the .2's with certain loads. I recommend it.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Thank you for the info. I think I will give a patch of 100 a go and see how they compare to what I always use. Price is good, as you say. :) Bill K
Darkker
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Predator

Post by Darkker »

This one caught my eye, I won't be much help to your question Bill; But as a FYI.

I still see lots of folks refering to "Winchester" brass.
Unless you are talking about old stock, Winchester sold their Brass Cartridge bidness in 2007.
Global Brass bought those facilities and AFAIK is making cases for whomever; presumably Winny.
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.