RCBS Chargemaster

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

RCBS Chargemaster

Post by skipper »

Whatever the reloading job, the RCBS Chargemaster is my best friend. I've had mine long enough for it to collect cob webs. A diaper or rag over the unit when not in service helps keep it clean. Balance beam scales are a pain in the @$$. Throwers have their place when absolute accuracy isn't a factor. However, I use my Chragemaster to calibrate both my scale and my thrower. Not to mention is makes a great digital scale for sorting and other such jobs. Set the charge weight in Grains or Grams and hit dispense. It will accurately meter the exact charge again and again till you turn it off. I love this machine.
Chargemaster.jpg
Chargemaster.jpg (73.44 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
Chargemaster2.jpg
Chargemaster2.jpg (72.83 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: RCBS Chargemaster

Post by Bill K »

You are correct there Skipper, even though my auto charger is the one by Hornady. They sure are nice and after years of just using the old balance beam and a powder measure, I went with a auto charge and love it. Bill K ( RCBS and Hornady are good units )
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

I bought the Chargemaster Light a year ago January and love it. Last week while loading some rounds it started acting up. It would dispense the majority of the powder but when it slowed to trickle the remaining charge it would lock up. I couldn't manually trickle it either. I shut it down and tried again the next morning only to have it do again. I called RCBS and explained my problem hoping for a quick fix. They said to box it up and mail it to them and they would check it out. Fortunately, I live about 20 miles away so I asked if I could just bring it by which they agreed to. They also told me over the phone that even though it was 4 months out of warranty they would probably just replace it. I was at their facility in 30 minutes and was taken back to their customer support area and introduced to one of their techs. He plugged it in and immediately said there was a problem with the auger feed tube and said it probably just needed new bushings. While I watched he disassembled the unit and put in new bushings but it was still making some noise when it got reassembled and plugged back in. The tech disappeared again for a few minutes but returned with a brand new unit for me. I took it home and was amazed at how much better the new unit operated. All this in the same afternoon-they stopped what they were doing and got me back up and running. I've never experienced better customer support anywhere. Thanks RCBS! Randy.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I love a positive report on a machine that is designed and works well, and an equally encouraging report on great customer service.

The IT guys at all these company's (commonly known as IT Nazi's) scan the web daily with search words that will bring up their company. Ask me how I know. Anyway when they see very positive comments like the two reports above, it goes without saying that they recognize their customers feelings after the sale and hopefully act accordingly. It appears some company's do indeed listen to their customers.

RCBS has always been known for standing behind their products; they're one of the "good guys". :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by surfclod »

I bought one at an auction about 3 years ago.

To be honest I was a bit annoyed when I found it was used, (bid to 80% of new price).

I finally got a chance to set it up and use it, loaded about 350 rounds of 223 and 100 rounds of 218 Bee. I'm very happy with its performance.

There its set up in a temporary spot in a house I was renting, finally purchased my own so it will get put in a dedicated reloading room and not need to move again.
I'm actually considering mounting it on a bracket attached to the wall so that when I am seating a bullet I don't disturb it with my press movement.
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

It's a good idea to mount the charger on a separate bench or table as they're pretty sensitive to movement. The tech that worked on my unit said that having a cell phone nearby will also disrupt it as will static, overhead fans and open windows. I set mine up on an anti-static rubber pad but still have to be careful not to bump my table. Randy.