Ultrasonic Brass Cleaning

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

janneuf wrote:OK just to clarify

You DO use the beakers and you stand the brass upright in the BEAKERS and then set them in the plastic basket?
Bingo!

I used pickle jars at first and they seemed to work alright but beakers are easier to get the brass in and out of.
janneuf

That's the ticket!

Post by janneuf »

HUGE DIFFERENCE

I followed your routine and got MUCH better results. Let me explain now what NOT to do.

Don't sit the beakers in the bottom of the tank, place one at a time in the basket. I filled the beaker with 20 WSM cases and enough 50/50 water/vinegar to cover the cases and added a couple drops of Dawn.

Don't just lie the cases in the bottom of the basket. They clean much better when upright.

I followed this procedure and my cases look new.
janneuf
trevort
.204 Ruger Guns: stiller predator, lilja no 5 1 in 12

Post by trevort »

this has got my interest ever since Silverfox (I think) posted the link to the 6br site some time ago. This thread explains it in terms a dummy like me can understand so thanks, but and the big but, DO SHINY CASES SHOOT BETTER?

Have you tried before and after?
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

trevort wrote:this has got my interest ever since Silverfox (I think) posted the link to the 6br site some time ago. This thread explains it in terms a dummy like me can understand so thanks, but and the big but, DO SHINY CASES SHOOT BETTER?
Yes they do! It's part of my mental prep.
Have you tried before and after?
No, I always clean my cases before re-use.

Note: I tried to shortcut the rinses last night and it did not go well.