Where Have All the Primers Gone, Long Time Passing?

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Singleshot

Where Have All the Primers Gone, Long Time Passing?

Post by Singleshot »

Are you guys in the US having trouble finding CCI or Remington primers? I can't find any in the gun stores around here (Alberta, Canada) to save my soul. :cry: I may have to make a run to Cabelas just so I can keep shooting the 204 this winter.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and they had a shelf full of CCI primers (all flavors).
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

I just ordered 10,000 Remington 7½ primers about 2 weeks ago and received them about three days later. However, there were numerous suppliers who had absolutely no Rem 7½ primers and no idea when they would be back in stock.

I didn't check on CCI primers, but I was in Billings, MT this past weekend and went into the Scheel's store and into the Big Bear store and there WAS NOT a shortage of CCI primers in those two places.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Rem

Post by Vartarg »

In the last couple of weeks Rem 7 1/2 BR's have reappeared on the shelves of my dealer......and CCI's have been in abundance throughout. Powder Valley is a good supplier, and they've had primers when others haven't.
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

No problem with CCI's. I know the military is using all the Federals.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Finding Remington 7-1/2's around here is like looking for chicken lips. No shortage whatever of CCI's though.....

In the infinate wisdom of the buyers at Sportsman's Warehouse, they have virtually EVERY type of Remington primer, but REFUSE to carry the 7-1/2's. I was told by one of the floor supervisors that they are all golfers, and could care less about the inventory of primers in the gun/reloading department. Just dandy. :mad:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Finding Remington 7-1/2's around here is like looking for chicken lips. No shortage whatever of CCI's though.....

In the infinate wisdom of the buyers at Sportsman's Warehouse, they have virtually EVERY type of Remington primer, but REFUSE to carry the 7-1/2's. I was told by one of the floor supervisors that they are all golfers, and could care less about the inventory of primers in the gun/reloading department. Just dandy. :mad:
That's nice to know. I can never find good prices on the stuff I need from sportmans Warehouse.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Berg: I've even gone so far as to fill out numerous of their "suggestion cards", had many buddies in other cities to it too, talk to their floor/department supervisors, wrote to the buyers personally, and got the response: "we offer Remington 6-1/2 primers, which are small rifle". Obviously, they don't know the difference between the two, and don't care either.

They already carry all the other Remington primers, so this would just fill out their line of offerings. To these putz's, it's just another inventory item they have to keep track of, and the fact that many customers take the time to ASK for them, just doesn't seem to resonate with these idiots.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Post by Steve V »

No shortages in here in the midwest if you got the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Just this past weekend I was in Guns Unlimited in Omaha and they had Federal and CCI primers if you had the money....$37.95 for CCI BR4s and I think around $3200 for 205Ms. I'm not one to hoard, but I remember the last primer shortage and if not for a good shooting buddy , I would have been sol. Now if I see any rifle primers around $20.00 a thousand, I grab them.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

No 71/2’s here. I got 5,000 from Crow Shooting Supply a few months ago. They are wholesale only so need to be ordered from a dealer. (I’m not anymore but the owner is a friend of my brother. Lucky me.)
I have to agree with the disappointment with Sportsman’s Warehouse. They do not carry the 71/2’s here either. There are two rather nice fellows who work in the gun department but the rest are the know it all, rude, misinformed, I can’t get a job anywhere else fools that have always populated gun stores and gun clubs. It is hard not to go in there without coming out a little angrier that when I walked in.
Ohlsen

Post by Ohlsen »

http://www.lockstock.com has 71/2's in stock at $21.59/1000.

Tom