Some kind of friend

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
fuzzy

Some kind of friend

Post by fuzzy »

So I'm at the range with Hozz57 and I'm doing load work-up on my 6br. Things are going so-so, I just switched primers in hopes to tighten up my groups. I had one five shot string left and asked Hozz if he wanted to take the controls...he said yes. Then he proceeded to shoot a .186" group "WITH MY RIFLE". My best up to that point in the day had been .257". :wall:

The good news is I know the rifle will shoots better than I do. The bad news is he doesn't even feel bad about it...some kind of friend.

Yo Hozz, good shooting brother,
Fuzzy
Sometimes you just gotta say Hmmmm...
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Some kind of friend

Post by acloco »

Happens EVERY time with me and a new rifle. Somebody, not naming names...(JASON!!) - will get the first kill with the rifle or shoot the best group. NEVER fails.

I don't know if I should say congrats to you...or just acknowledge that we have the same kind of luck.
hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

Fuzzy,
I gotta say that 6mmBR shoots purty good for a SAVAGE. :eek: (we won't mention that custom PACNOR barrel and custom stock) :mrgreen:

It was a great day at the range, perfect weather and no machineguns. :wink:
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

fuzzy,
Don't be a whiney butt. It would be hard to feel sorry for a man with a rifle that shoots as fine as yours. Seems to me you are real lucky to have a friend like hozz to help you out. Bring that rifle to Montana and I'll help you shoot it too. Anything to help you out.

Hotshot
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Hozz,
What kind of rifle was that...oh yeah, it's a Savage. :mrgreen:

Hotshot,
Thanks for the offer...I can tell you are a generaous and giving person. :lol:

Fuzzy
hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

I'm still trying to talk fuzzy into a .204 Ruger. He overheared Walt Berger say that he wasn't crazy about the .204 Ruger case. Of course he had to go and trick out that savage of his to be able to out-shoot my "Remchesters" as he most kindly refers to my rifles. :lol:

In all honesty I gotta say that Fuzzy's candy-apple red custom stock and about the smoothest Savage action I've seen, coupled with 1" diameter Pacnor pipe, chambered for 6mm BR shoots purty dang good.(when its in right the hands) :P

Maybe he'll post some pix of his rig and explain some of the things that Savage guys do when they aren't making fun of Remchesters. ;)
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

hozz57 wrote:I'm still trying to talk fuzzy into a .204 Ruger. He overheared Walt Berger say that he wasn't crazy about the .204 Ruger case. Of course he had to go and trick out that savage of his to be able to out-shoot my "Remchesters" as he most kindly refers to my rifles. :lol:

In all honesty I gotta say that Fuzzy's candy-apple red custom stock and about the smoothest Savage action I've seen, coupled with 1" diameter Pacnor pipe, chambered for 6mm BR shoots purty dang good.(when its in right the hands) :P

Maybe he'll post some pix of his rig and explain some of the things that Savage guys do when they aren't making fun of Remchesters. ;)

In order for a Savage to outshoot a Remchester some crucial steps need to be taken.

1 Remove from box.
2 Insert bolt.
3 Insert cartridge.
4 Aim.
5 Fire.

:lol: :lol: Sorry could'nt help it :lol: :lol:

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

jo191145 wrote:
hozz57 wrote:I'm still trying to talk fuzzy into a .204 Ruger. He overheared Walt Berger say that he wasn't crazy about the .204 Ruger case. Of course he had to go and trick out that savage of his to be able to out-shoot my "Remchesters" as he most kindly refers to my rifles. :lol:

In order for a Savage to outshoot a Remchester some crucial steps need to be taken.

1 Remove from box.
2 Insert bolt.
3 Insert cartridge.
4 Aim.
5 Fire.

:lol: :lol: Sorry could'nt help it :lol: :lol:
You forgot #6...Giggle like a school girl. :lol:

Fuzzy
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

When I'm out shootin I'm always gigglin like a school girl or swearin like a sailor. One of the two or sometimes both ;)

fuzzy needs a 204 fuzzy needs a 204 fuzzy needs a 204 fuzzy needs a 204.................

hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

I almost had Fuzzy talked into a to-Oh-IV but I guess we'll have to wait until another Savage barrel comes on the market. He was close to buying that last one that popped up on the swapmeet pages, but it got bought before he talked himself into it. :cry:

I'll buy a Savage when I can get enough cash together to either do a custom build or just settle for the LRPV. :chin: Or maybe a Predetor model :idea:
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

hozz

If you ever want a new Savage takoff barrel check out Northlander (Jim Briggs) on Savageshooters.com.
All flavors of tubes. Thats where I get mine. If he does'nt have it in stock he'll do his best to get one.

Might need to be a payiny subscriber to get into the classifieds there. I'll retrieve his # and post it here.

763-420-7163

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Be awful careful if you call Jim Briggs! I've got a couple of barrels from him, and endured some big phone bills, too :) He'll talk yer ear off. He's a nice guy, though, and I can't fuss about the barrels, either. My Savage .204 came from one of his tubes and an old .223 I wore out on PDs. The new barrel on the OTHER .223 came from him, too. His prices are very fair.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!