What Primers

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: What Primers

Post by skipper »

Check the Midway site again. It says "Out of Stock,No Backorder". If you can still find it I would grab as much as you can.

The dies you have may do the job. I would load a few and see how they turn out. Check the run out to see if they will produce acceptable loads.

If you go the custom die route. I would get a Body Die for sizing new brass and bumping the shoulders back. A Bushing Neck Sizing Die for sizing your case necks between firings and a Micrometer Top Seating Die. Like jo191145 said, if you can get a hold of the reamer used on your chamber, that would make it possible to have dies made that perfectly match your rifle.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

For hard to find brass and dies, you might try huntingtons.com.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
augnmike

Post by augnmike »

Brass is available from Midsouth. I have 500 rounds now and could order more but I don't know how much I will need. Once this rifle is sighted in it will strictly be for predators. I have a blueprint for the build so the exact dimensions are on there. I could have Redding build me a set of dies off of the blueprint I guess.

Lee thanks for the tip.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it will only be for a little bit :D I have 368 brand new .222 Remington Magnum casings by Remington that I would be happy to supply to any interested party for $75--shipping included. That's just a tish over 20¢ per casing with shipping. I you are interested e-mail me at:

Catch ya L8R--Silverfox