Primers supplies??

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Primers supplies??

Post by Ray P »

You guys talked about small rifle primers being hard to find and get. Well so are large rifle mag primers! Just tried to see if I could find some Rem 9-1/2 mag primers and none to be found. Companies that are out say no back orders either? Can't even order now and wait for a back order to be filled!
Yep things are bad and going to get worse.........sorry for thinking that way. Thinks got to get better???
Later :wall:
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Re: Primers supplies??

Post by Jim White »

Ray,

I was in a small store last Saturday and he told me he had been informed that Winchester probably will-not ship any primers this year because of ammunition demand. Definetly, a sad-state-of affairs. At this point I would take any Magnum primer I could get and go from there.

Jim
the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Post by the_right_reverend »

Winchester probably will-not ship any primers this year

Eastern NC I have not had any problem getting Win Large Rifle Magnum Picked up 1000 last week and left some on the shelf the shop always has a few boxes out CCI are hard to catch up with
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image
rpknaz
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII with Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40

Post by rpknaz »

the_right_reverend wrote:

Eastern NC I have not had any problem getting Win Large Rifle Magnum Picked up 1000 last week and left some on the shelf the shop always has a few boxes out CCI are hard to catch up with

Can you help hook us up? I could use small and large pistol primers. ;)
Peace and love will get you killed. Unarmed helplessness is a welcome mat for evil. Self-defense is the most powerful, driving instinct in good people everywhere. To deny it is evil personified. Ted Nugent.
Jim White

Post by Jim White »

the_right_reverend wrote:

just passing the info along.....
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

I'm definately kicking myself for not stocking up more when there was more of the big rifle stuff around. Seemed like the varmint calibers powder and primers went first, then everything else. Somebody must be buying more than their fair share. Come on now...who is it?
If stores can't stock there shelves at some point there is gonna be a very expensive black market for reloading supplies.
At least there is one industry that isn't suffering these days. :roll:
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

as far as i know, the gun shop i have been using for a while still has large and small pistol primers in stock. and some magnum primers and i believe he has large rifle in stock also. if he does have anything they will be winchester primers. i will call him on monday and see if he has anything left, and will let you guys know. i just don't know about the shipping because they are primers. you know the haz mat thing!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
204saskman
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 Barksa 6x24x50 Weaver mounts Harris bipod

Post by 204saskman »

Alot of places in sask only will sell a guy 100 large primers/day. But a max of 500. Im trying to swipe up a few thousand if i can. I bought 1000 small the other day but thats all i could get. Ill be heading back and might buy up another 5000 if they will sell them to me.
Rem 700 VLS 204 Ruger
Jager 6x24x50 IR AO german made scope
Harris 3 stage bi-pod
Weaver rings
surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by surfclod »

I just got lucky today with a recent arrival of primers at a local store here in Calgary Alberta (Whole Sale Sports) I picked up 2000 of the Federal 205M primers, so with the stock that I already have, I should be good for the summer.

Powder has not been a problem yet but I got a little extra today as well. I hate to be a hoarder but it is the only way to ensure I will be able to keep shooting this summer
Jim White

Post by Jim White »

surfclod wrote:I just got lucky today with a recent arrival of primers at a local store here in Calgary Alberta (Whole Sale Sports) I picked up 2000 of the Federal 205M primers, so with the stock that I already have, I should be good for the summer.

Powder has not been a problem yet but I got a little extra today as well. I hate to be a hoarder but it is the only way to ensure I will be able to keep shooting this summer
That's not hoarding. That's called "being prepared" and looking more than 2" in front of your nose.

Jim
Joker
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning A-Bolt

Post by Joker »

Where at in Eastern NC?