Optic prices???

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Optic prices???

Post by Ray P »

Did optic prices take a 100% jump in the last nine months to a year? Some of my Leupold Mark IV models are between $$1600-2000 now... ouch
I don't need a scope yet? But Id like to get a silver Leupold 30mm and silver rings if Leupold ever comes out with them, for my s/s Ruger No.1 in 7 rem mag.
Just cant belive prices?? :wall:
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
TC Encore204
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore

Optic prices???

Post by TC Encore204 »

My dad got a VX2 a month that he really likes. He was looking at getting another and noticed msrp on leupolds site went up over $100.
Volstandigkeit
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varmint

Re: Optic prices???

Post by Volstandigkeit »

Prices on everything have jumped because the dollar isn't hardly worth the paper its stamped on.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Optic prices???

Post by Rick in Oregon »

According to my friends at Leupod, the increased cost is primarily due to market prices of semi-precious metals, optical quality glass, and labor. The Chiniese are primarily responsible for the material costs, as lead, copper and brass is being sucked into China faster than jobs disapearing here. With their emerging economy, this situation will only get worse here.

Buy the best glass you can afford now, hang onto it. Buckle up, it may be a bumpy ride. :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails