Illuminated reticle scopes

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
jkanesmith
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Illuminated reticle scopes

Post by jkanesmith »

I recently bought a .204 to do a little coyote hunting/target shooting and I'm looking for a scope with an illuminated reticle. So far I've been looking at the Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x50 and the Vortex Viper PST 4.5-16x50 FFP, but I didn't know what is out there that may be comparable, or cheaper and still a decent scope.

Thanks,
Kane S.
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Re: Illuminated reticle scopes

Post by Joe O »

Contact Brad at CRT.(click on logo at top of this page).I used a Hawke sidwinder tactical 6.5-20 x 42 w dual color(red/grn)reticle last year on Prarie dogs.I didn't use or need the illuminated reticle,but I can see that it would work well in low light conditions as it has variable intensity settings(1-5).It was the easiest scop to get on target in fast target presentation of all the scopes I used on the trip.Other scopes were Vortex Viper.Lupold VX3 and Bushnell Tactical.The Hawke was $100 less than the Viper.Brad's PH 260 225 4400.Can't go wrong.

edit PH#
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

Joe thanks for the post. I will keep in mind if I ever acuire my 6.5 grendal barrel. I contacted shilen they said 3 to 5 month wait time. Right now it is lookin like my best optionfor my second ar project. Alexander arms stoped selling barrels only with the recent onslaught of orders. :wall:
ozfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by ozfox »

A mate and his son of mine uses a illum reticle and now cant use anything with out a battery in it now i think it has made there eyes lazy night or day
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

ozfox wrote:A mate and his son of mine uses a illum reticle and now cant use anything with out a battery in it now i think it has made there eyes lazy night or day

I hate it when eyes get lazy!