Silver scopes??

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Dayv
.204 Ruger Guns: howa

Silver scopes??

Post by Dayv »

So ive been looking into some scopes for my 204, and ive decided that id like to put a silver scope on it purely for the aesthetic side of it but I was hoping to find a silver scope in something like a 4-18 mag or there abouts, ive been looking at the mueler eraticator which is a 8.5-25 but my concern with this scope is that it doesn't go low enough for spotlighting rabbits and wallaby at night time my buget is around $500 has any one got any thoughts on any other brands, as im struggling to find much to be honest I cant really go any higher with my budget, but don't really want to put a black scope on it either, any suggestions would be muchly appreciated cheers Dayv
boomer84
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Silver scopes??

Post by boomer84 »

I have a bushnell 8-32x40 on my remmy. 32 is way too much magnification for me but at the low end 8 is fine for me as I rarely shoot under 100 yards( under 100 is just cheating if you ask me. Ha ha ha) I would check out Arctic Fox Optics and they are an Aussie company and they do silver! Awesome scopes I have had three and my mate has five of them and they are quality for money for sure!! Give them a ring and they are very helpful!

Boomer.
Dayv

Re: Silver scopes??

Post by Dayv »

cheers for the info boomer ill check them out, under 100 yards is cheating to point :D but at some places I shoot at under light I don't have a choice as its mostly bush land and we hunt the small clearings
boomer84

Silver scopes??

Post by boomer84 »

Also the arctic fox scopes are built for spotlighting in mind they are crystal clear at night! For the closer shots I would recommend a 4-16 power scope!!

Boomer.
Dayv

Post by Dayv »

I actuall got my 22 magnum out yesty and unbeknown to me I actually have an artic fox 3-9x40 on it and ive been happy with that so im definitely looking in to them cheers boomer, im just out doing some scouting as I type this at the property I do my deerhunting on getting ready for the season next year :D
boomer84

Silver scopes??

Post by boomer84 »

Sound like if I ever get back to tassie i might have to hit u up for a hunt!!!

Boomer.
Dayv

Post by Dayv »

mate if your ever down this way definitely give me the heads up I do a fair bit of hunting through out the state, I just got back from a weekend hunt/scout for deer today and ive gotta say I think next years deer season is shaping up to be a cracker there a mobs with large numbers of bucks running around atm which is good sign for sure and we shoot a few wallaby for good measure aswell
that's one of the smaller mobs I came across on the weekend they are all spikeys and bucks just starting to grow their antlers back after casting themabout a month ago.
Dayv

Post by Dayv »

that pic didn't show up like id hoped lol but there are deer in it honest :lol:
boomer84

Silver scopes??

Post by boomer84 »

I see them under the limb!!

Boomer.
Steltzer
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Steltzer »

hi Davy, i might have a 3-9x40 leupold VX2 in silver for sale shortly. Not sure if you are interested, PM if so mate.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

I found a silver leupold 4.5x14 on midwayusa.com for 529.99 slightly over your budget. I'm looking at this scope to put on my Rem 700 vsf in .220 swift
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger