Vortex Crossfire II 6-18X44 AO

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
oldfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Vortex Crossfire II 6-18X44 AO

Post by oldfox »

I have been thinking of putting a new scope on my .204 Ruger Predator. I like what I have read about the Vortex CROSSFIRE II 6-18X44 AO. I would appreciate any opinions that you guys have on this scope. Most of my shooting will be targets..
TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 6-18X44 AO

Post by TEXAS222 »

Hi fox. I put one on an AR .223 & it's a nice scope. The eye relief is not very forgiving, you have to get it pretty much the same every time. The very first time I used it at the range, the elevation turret came completely out of the scope. The bright side is I sent it back to Vortex & within 3 days of them receiving it, I had a brand new one in a sealed box. It seems to be fine but it's not a Leupold or such. Hope this helps you. JD Texas
oldfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 6-18X44 AO

Post by oldfox »

TEJAS JD wrote:Hi fox. I put one on an AR .223 & it's a nice scope. The eye relief is not very forgiving, you have to get it pretty much the same every time. The very first time I used it at the range, the elevation turret came completely out of the scope. The bright side is I sent it back to Vortex & within 3 days of them receiving it, I had a brand new one in a sealed box. It seems to be fine but it's not a Leupold or such. Hope this helps you. JD Texas
Thanks TEJAS JD... That will help with my decision.. Old eyes need all the help they can get! :D