Cabelas Centerfire Turret Tactical Scope

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
bgaston

Cabelas Centerfire Turret Tactical Scope

Post by bgaston »

Well, after a good day of PD shooting this weekend, wow was that fun, I was looking through the Cabela's Wish book and saw this scope. Cabelas Centerfire Turret Tactical Scope, 6-18 for $170 looks very appealing. It features seven turrets in popular varmint/predator calibers for sighting systems incrementally calibrated to adjust for bullet drop out to 400 yards and beyond. They have a turret for the .204 32-grain and .204 40-grain. I have never had a Cabelas brand scope before, hows the quality?

Has anyone had any experience with these scopes. I havent made it to the store to look through them yet, so i was just wondering.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates ... hasJS=true
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Cabelas Centerfire Turret Tactical Scope

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You may want to check out this months issue of "American Rifleman" magazine (if you're here on this site, we assume you're an NRA member.....you are, right?), as it deals with hunting with tactacal scopes, and lists many of the good ones, and some in the lower price brackets.

It's important to remember though, that especially in optics, you REALLY get what you pay for.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Cabelas Centerfire Turret Tactical Scope

Post by acloco »

I looked through several of Cabela's branded scopes...in my opinion, keep your money in your pocket.