reticle change ?

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
cynergyguy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV

reticle change ?

Post by cynergyguy »

I am new to this site and have a savage LRPV in 204r with a leupold VXIII 6.5 x 20x50 fine crosshair and would like to change the reticle to the varmint hunters reticle would anyone know what that might cost, or would it be better to just get a new scope and sell the one I now have, any help would be great.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Re: reticle change ?

Post by Hotshot »

According to their literature the Leupold Custom Shop will do that change. I've never checked price, but it would be worth $100 to me.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Right now the cost of a reticle change is about $130. Your scope is one of the candidates for such a change. Not cheap by any means, but the VHR is the best reticle I've ever used and worth the expense, at least to me.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

cynergyguy

Post by cynergyguy »

I have decided to sell this scope, as I said before it is a 6.5 x 20 vxlll long range side focus with fine cross hairs, anyone interested? make me an offer, it is like new not a scratch. I am wanting to sell it to fund another project.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

cynergyguy wrote:I have decided to sell this scope, as I said before it is a 6.5 x 20 vxlll long range side focus with fine cross hairs, anyone interested? make me an offer, it is like new not a scratch. I am wanting to sell it to fund another project.
One thing you may consider is going to SWFA and trade it in on the one you want.

Just a thought...

Jim
cynergyguy

Post by cynergyguy »

I didn't know they would do a trade, How does that work exactly? I am not sure were they are located but will they do it over the phone ? Over the net ?
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

The way it works is;

1. Go to their website at http://www.swfa.com. When it loads;

2. On the left hand side of the page about 2/3'rds of the way down the page look for a link called "The Sample List". Open it up and when it loads;

3. Click on the image or, click on http://www.samplelist.com. If you select view entire list everything opens up, binoculars, scopes, range finders and so on... At the top center of the page you'll see a trade in form. Just fill it out and submit. You can also give them a call at 1-972-SCOPE-IT (726-7348). They're on CST.

I've bought my last 2 scopes from there (Zeiss 4.5-14x50 & Leupold VX-3 8.5-25x50). Great folks to work with and to boot, they have a forum called "Optics Talk". It's a real friendly place, just like here. The link to the "Optics Talk Forum" it is located just below the "View Sample List" link.

Enjoy....
cynergyguy

Post by cynergyguy »

Thanks Jim, I will check it out.