BOTH Thumbs Up for Leupold Repair Dept.

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

BOTH Thumbs Up for Leupold Repair Dept.

Post by Silverfox »

I accidentally tipped my .17 Remington rifle over on the cement floor in my reloading room and the scope hit the floor really hard. I went to the range the next day to see if it was damaged and shots were hitting all over the paper. I boxed it up and sent it in to Leupold in Oregon for inspection and possible repairs. Fourteen days later the scope came back. They had disassembled the scope so they could check out every possible thing that might have been damaged or knocked out of alignment. The listed the three main thrusts of their inspeciton and said they did all those things so the scope would be in "like new condition" when it came back to me. I installed the scope back on my Pac-Nor barreled .17 Remington and it is working in "Like New Condition!!!

Thank you Leupold for the GREAT SERVICE. The price was right too--The only cost was the postage and insurance to get it to them.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: BOTH Thumbs Up for Leupold Repair Dept.

Post by Ray P »

Silverfox.........Thanks for sharing and another thumbs up for "Leupold" and American company.
Glade she's dialed back in!
Enjoy Varmint season. Blood and pics please!
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Friend Silverfox: I won't say anything, as my feelings on Leupold's are well known here. Let's just say that is just one of the many reasons there's no optics on any rifle I own that doesn't say "Leupold" on it. A lifetime of quality and excellent service; worth every penny and more.

Okay, now you're set for the summer PD season.....adventure pics! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Friend Silverfox: Let's just say that is just one of the many reasons there's no optics on any rifle I own that doesn't say "Leupold" on it. A lifetime of quality and excellent service; worth every penny and more.

Rick Adding still, something I've learned from my target shooting days (early ones too, thank goodness) is the; "buy once...cry once" theory, because when you have to buy something twice, it cost more in the long run.

Jim
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

My sentiments on Leupolds service/repairs are right in line with the thread. I was gifted an older Browning BBR that had a early Leupold 3x9 scope mounted on it. Scope was from the days they were actually brown and not blue/black.
Since the rifle was basically a payment to me I didn't check it out when I got it. When I got around to checking out the rifle I realized the objective bell was bent down slightly. Scope would not adjust so I peeled it off and sent it to Leupold. 10 days later I get a call from a guy at Leupold stating the scope was one of the first variables they ever made but was not repairable. They sent to me, at their expense a brand new VXII 4x12 AO.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator