Burris 8-32x Signature Select

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
boomer68
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF

Burris 8-32x Signature Select

Post by boomer68 »

Hi, I am new to the forum so please be gentle :)

I have a Remington VSSF II in .204 Ruger and just bought a used older Burris and was wondering if I would be able to use Burris Signature rings, or will I need extension bases/rings?
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Re: Burris 8-32x Signature Select

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

Well first welcome to the forum and don't worry about the shooters in here. Some of us are a little bit off but for the most part we are pretty good bunch shooters. Now as far as your question you should be fine with a regular set of bases and rings. Just look out for your ring height as your objective is going to be larger than 40mm. You might need a set of high rings. Good luck and good shooting. Ride Up!!!
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

While not the exact same scope,,, I bought a used Burris Black Diamond 8-32x (30mm) for use on my Remington 700 Tactical and called Burris... They gave me the Signature Rings and Inserts description for the application...I even got them at a little less cost than most retailers were asking...

AR
Factory/Factory
boomer68
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF

Post by boomer68 »

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I ended up getting a set of standard Leupold bases and high rings. She looks purdy now :)
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

OldTurtle wrote:While not the exact same scope,,, I bought a used Burris Black Diamond 8-32x (30mm) for use on my Remington 700 Tactical and called Burris... They gave me the Signature Rings and Inserts description for the application...I even got them at a little less cost than most retailers were asking...

Old Turtle
That's kind of a cute looking rig you got there. I like it!
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Thank You... She's really accurate with some 60gr loads,,,certainly less that 1 MoA at 200yds...Unfortunately it has one of the older 1/12 twist barrels, rather than the newer 1/9 that would allow me to use a little heavier bullet...But that may change in the future...
AR
Factory/Factory