Vortex optics

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
majcl5

Vortex optics

Post by majcl5 »

I have been thinking of the new long range vortex scope. Any body own one or have a opinion
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Re: Vortex optics

Post by Joe O »

I have two vipers.Can't comment on the newer long range scopes.They have great customer service.Buy what you want.If you don't like it,they will make it right.
Hedge
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 FLV

Post by Hedge »

I have a Viper PST. Love it. Perfect for what I do and a great scope for the money. If you're talking about the HD series, no experience with them but lots of good reviews.

Like Joe said, the CS is outstanding.
Savage 12 FCV .204 Ruger
Viper PST FFP 4-16x50

ImageImage
======
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sigmund Freud.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I'm not a Vortex user or owner, but my buddies up at the Nosler Pro Shop carry Vortex, and report very good customer comments regarding those optics. They don't carry much other than Sworvoski, Schmidt & Bender and Leupold, so that says something right there, right?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

I have two 6.5-20X44 Vipers and recently got a 6-24X50 PST in first focal plane for my 6.5-284. I really like them, clear, bright and easy to operate. Best value for the money. We sell lots of them at the sporting goods store I work at. They are coming out with a new Viper HS LR this spring that should be great for varmint hunting. I replaced a 5-20 Monarch for a Viper. The HS should have better color and sharper. Unconditional guarantee. Maybe not quite as sharp as a Leupold but far less money. I will probably be getting another Vortex scope once I see the new Viper HS LR scope.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

Thanks for the info, I am thinking of tying I have been hearing good things about them
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
k9i449
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore WeatherGuard MGM barrel, Bushnell 4500 6-24x40

Post by k9i449 »

I have three VORTEX Viper 6-20X44 and 4-16x44 on a 300Win mag. SUPER SCOPES. But best of all CUSTOMER SERVICE, true story. I have friend has had stroke right. Had a Diamond back 4-16 on a 6mm. He fell in garage hit the gun total out the scope power ring, bent the tube. VORTEX got the scope on Thursday following Tuesday he a a NEW DiamondBack no question.
Darkker
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Predator

Post by Darkker »

k9i449,

This is the second time you dug-up a 5-year old zombie thread. Need to pay attention to the dates.
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.
truckerwalt
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER MK II/SAVAGE MOD. 12

Post by truckerwalt »

if you don't like reading older comments just by pass them . there are others that still think that the older comments are worth reading!!!
bigdaddyWSM
.204 Ruger Guns: savage

Post by bigdaddyWSM »

I have all Vortex, a 6-24X50 strike eagle on my .204, A 5-25x50 pst gen2 on my 6mmCM, a 15-60x52 golden eagle on my 6.5CM, plus assorted others. very good luck with them, they track great, are clear & never needed warrenty so far. my 2 cents.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

bigdaddyWSM: You do of course realize that this post is seven years old, and the OP has probably resolved his scope issue. Heck, he's probably bought and sold the thing by now! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

truckerwalt

Post by truckerwalt »

Rick in Oregon wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 pm I'm not a Vortex user or owner, but my buddies up at the Nosler Pro Shop carry Vortex, and report very good customer comments regarding those optics. They don't carry much other than Sworvoski, Schmidt & Bender and Leupold, so that says something right there, right?
"it makes me think of a comment "some people have more money than brains" i have looked forward to your comments on a regular and i hope that you are not too offended by that remark. it was a little tongue in cheek comment. there isn't a thing in the world wrong with purchasing quality merchandise when you have paid your dues and can afford it. i have vortec scopes, nikon scopes, a redfield and several leopold scopes one of which cost me $1130.00 . i could not afford a $3,000.00 to $ 4,000 scope and lucky me i love all of them.
truckerwalt

Post by truckerwalt »

i wish that i knew how to shut off the ad blockers in my computer.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

truckerwalt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:26 pm "it makes me think of a comment "some people have more money than brains"
Walt, no argument there, buddy! I'm not rich, not very smart, but there's a bunch of Leupold optics in my safe, along with a bit of Nikon, Leica and others. None of that high-priced Euro stuff for me....can't afford it anyway.

But as to your comment above, my immediate thoughts went to a fellow my nephew knows through work. This guy does indeed have "more money than brains". My nephew saw him completely ruin a full custom 22-250 in one afternoon shooting squirrels. Did not care either. Then he broke out a trick Wilson Combat 1911 .45ACP and proceeded to show all present that he could not only not hit anything with that masterpiece, but he was not familiar with the basic operation of the 1911 either. We're surrounded by putz's like this guy. Fear the ignorant with unlimited funds.

But as for Vortex, still do not own any of their products, but I only hear good things about them locally and on the net; optically and warranty. Oh and Walt....no offense here. My skin is much thicker than that! :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

truckerwalt

Post by truckerwalt »

i know that what i commented was probably out of line even tho it was said in jest. i have learned a lot from your posts on the .204 site and look forward to more of the same. it is scary to see some of the actions i witness at the gun range. most of the time when i see this happening i talk to the person and find that they simply don't know how to accomplish what they are trying to do. i am not above visiting with them and helping them resolve their problems and they always tell me how much they appreciate my help. it is not as if i know everything or even very much but it pleases me to be able to help those that are trying to do things correctly but have never had anyone provide any guidance at all.