Leupold 4.5-14 matte SOLD

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Leupold 4.5-14 matte SOLD

Post by Hotshot »

Mounted on a 204 and sighted in before prairie dog shoot last year. Sold rifle without scope first day out. Less than 75 shots fired. Scope in the cupboard since. Has scope coat and Butler Creek caps.
Varmint hunter reticle.
$450.00 shipped and insured conusa. SOLD
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: Leupold 4.5-14 matte SOLD

Post by BabaOriley »

I made a trade with Hotshot on this. It arrived today, and is in pristine condition, with Butler Creeek flip-up caps and Leupold scope coat.

A couple weeks ago, I was out shooting targets with my .204's for only the 2nd time past 100 yards. I had zeroed my AR-15 in at 200 yards, and was going to check zero at 100 on this Savage 16. This rifle wore a 2x Aimpoint red dot scope at the time. I loaded it, and looked through the scope, and before firing a shot decided right there that this rifle had to have a scope better than 2x on it for prairie dogs. I put it away and started looking.

This Savage 16 I put it on is a sporter weight barrel, so it as light and compact as possible for carrying around in the winter. The rifle now weighs 8.5 pounds with scope and sling. I think this scope looks more proportionate to the shorter 22" sporter barrel than a longer one would. I mounted the scope in Burris Signature Zee rings, on an EGQ 20MOA base. I won't need the 20MOA with this rifle, but figured the 1 piece base should stiffen the whole receiver, and if I ever want to put a barrel on this action more capable of longer ranges, it's ready. Shorter, 2 piece bases would have dropped the scope down tighter to the barrel, but the rifle shoulders at this height quite well.

If this rifle/scope combo performs out in SD, I may consider getting a Leupold CDS elevation turret installed with standard MOA calibrated markings on it. I doubt I'd ever use more than 15MOA on a 14x scope, so I wouldn't need the revolution counters on the much taller M1 turret. Who knows though, I may get the Varmint Hunter Reticle in sync with my load and skip the elevation turret altogether.

Thanks Hotshot for a great transaction!

Anybody have a stock better than this factory plastic one they want to get rid of?