Cabella's Tacoma, WA First Visit!

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Cabella's Tacoma, WA First Visit!

Post by Critter »

Finally was able to stop in and visit "new" Cabelas store near Tacoma, WA today.

Very interesting to say the least. They of course had a huge inventory of Shooting, camping, hunting equipment, clothing and supplies and all of it there on display in the store.

Got there about 6:00pm and 15 minutes later (or so it seemed) it was closing time of 9:00 pm. The salesmen in the gun and ammo department were on a pull a number and wait for it to be called system. They had about 10 guys in this department alone. Talked to some of the customers and they seemed to be mostly neophytes. One guy I talked to seemed to know a lot of ex-military sniper types, which was very interesting to say the least. I claimed to be very impressed as he regaled me with tall tales. I happened to be in the shooting bench display at the time.

Also they had a "Gun Library" where they had on display and for sale many used specimens of interesting rifles and shot guns that they had taken in on trade. One of these items was a slightly used Springfield O3-A3 which was marked with a resale price of $999. Various Pre-64 standard and deluxe Model 70 specimens also commanded healthy prices.

Camping department was loaded with innovative devices and equipments. Out fitter tents with multiple rooms and central heating stoves, colapsable furniture and cooking stoves, and DC powered refrigeration. I mean talk about throughly modern millie!

It was a thoroughly entertaining 3 hours, and far too short.

Recommended!