It's Gonna Happen!

Talk about North American big game hunting.
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

It's Gonna Happen!

Post by TONK »

Well Gents, this buffalo hunt the wife and I were going to take seems to be just out of reach for one reason or another............geez! I admit I had some health problems with diabetes and if your feet don't work, your not going anywhere soon. Well, the doc's seem to have my problem solved as far as the high blood sugar goes and stopped the feet from feeling like your walking on a hot tin roof (I do mean hot!) so I am now working on loads for the wife's Marlin 1895 in a 45/70 lever gun. She can't handle the 13 plus pounds of weight of the John Bodine Rolling block in 45/90 caliber. I will still try to use the Sharps 45/120 using 550 grn lead bullets. I'll post the pictures once we have taken them for all to view.
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: It's Gonna Happen!

Post by Bill K »

Looking forward to the photos. Glad you are working out the hunt and do hope you get the medical issue under control. Bill K :)
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Bill K wrote:Looking forward to the photos. Glad you are working out the hunt and do hope you get the medical issue under control. Bill K :)
TONK,

Absolutly. I imagine being on a strict diet and lfe changes takes some adjusting too but the alternative is far worse.

Take care & take care and look FWD to the pictures.
TONK

Post by TONK »

Thank you gentlemen! This diabetes thing, I always thought was just do the diet and all is well, NOT the case with this at all. It will attack nerves in your feet or legs and then once you have the doctors get things back under control, the friggin diabetes goes somewhere else to attack the body. I also found out that changes with this friggin problem can happen in just a couple of days. It can blind a person in just a matter of hours if the blood sugar is gets off a bunch or you go into shock etc. This will bring on a comma and then your odds are very slim to come out of it alive or without losing a limb or two etc. It is a bit scary to even think about the crap! :eek: :eew:
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

Hey TONK, I know exactly what you are talking about. I was diagnosed diabetic in 1992. Been taking insulin 3 times a day since 2000. Started loosing some feeling in my feet about 3 yrs ago. My favorite hunting has always been dove hunting. I have always been purty good with a scatter gun, even on dove. Between 50% and sometimes as high as 70% kill ratio's, and always on the fly. Not bragging, just facts. Any more, because I can't feel my feet, I am always off balance, I can't hit my butt any more with a shotgun. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Best of luck with your hunt, and using traditional rifles and cartridges. Don't get no better than that!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
TONK

Post by TONK »

Futuretrades, you and I would get along just fine in the fields hunting birds I know! I have some of the very best dynamic German Shorthair Pointers in the entire North America bare none. I really missed working the dogs and training some of the pups last year. All of our breeding stock are son's & daughter's are out of NFC Champions (National Field Trial Champions)
Go check em out at (Gun Dog Breeders.com) click on the breed (German Shorthair Pointer) then click on the state of Missouri. You want to also click on puppies for sale and get a look see at our last litter, plus Mom & Dad.
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Best of luck on the health issues - and I sure hope your hunt happens and is successful!