Deer hunting in Southern California

Talk about North American big game hunting.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Deer hunting in Southern California

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Went deer hunting with an old M77 in 270 win. The rifle shot great I had to rack to fast rounds through the rifle after I hit the deer head on in the shoulder it came at me and across in front of me very fast the second round skinned hair down its back front to back and the third shot went in to the shoulder wound and out the other side piling the little buck up. As I went out to get him I saw a larger buck down the fence line OH well. I sat down under the oak to let the buck breath its last after a few minutes it jumped up like lightning and took of running I took another fast shot dropping the deer with a hit to the back of the neck near the head, tough deer it still took a minute or two to die. Imagedeer and water damage 022
Ryan S Albright

Re: Deer hunting in Southern California

I know the wound looks bad but as the deer ran by I seemed to gravitate toward the wound as a target as I put a round cross wise through wound making it worse. The deer almost killed me I had to drag it for three hours to get it to the road.Image
Ryan S Albright

Sorry about the post I can't seem to get more than one picture on at a time. Here is a shot from half way down the hill I was on.Image
Ryan S Albright

Here is a shot of the paint job on the rifle I used I thought of the picture half way down the hill the deer has been gutted.Image
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Whoa....I can remember packing a few up the canyons like that.

Nice!
Ryan S Albright

I was lucky all around I only had to go down hill but near the bottom I had to ask for help. A hunter offered to help at the top but I didn't want to cut his hunt short He told me that the year before it took him several hours to get off the hill. I am still hurting a little but the rifle did preform well I am not so sure about the bullets but a head on shot isn't the best one but I had no choice.