2010 deer

Talk about North American big game hunting.
cracker

2010 deer

Post by cracker »

Here's the one from this year. I had a new to me rifle and load that I worked up and I needed to see how it performed on game. Both the rifle and load are keepers. The gun is the 330 dakota I bought from RIO the load is 225 grain hornady interloc, 81 grains of RL19, fed mag primers and dakota brass. this combo but him down fast and not a lot of meat damage however the shot was about perfect. I think this load and gun will do good on the buffalo I will be shooting in January.
Thanks RIO for a fine rifle.
Sportingly
Cracker

Sportingly
cracker
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: 2010 deer

Post by Ray P »

cracker.........Way to go!! Congrads. Nice look deer and rifle!!
got to love it when a plan comes together. I'm sure RIO will comment when he reads and sees this.
Thanks for sharing
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Yep he's a nice one for sure!! Congratulations on a dandy buck & another spot of 1st blood on that rig!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

Congratulations Cracker, on both the rifle and the deer. That boy will fill a hole in the freezer!
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

Thats awesome!
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Congratulations! Good looking buck.

Looking forward to the buffalo hunt report...
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Post by Critter »

Funny thing about the .330 Dakota. This is one of the larger Dakota cases based on the .404 Jeffrey that Dakota has made in their proprietary line of hard hitting rounds. In my opinion a very fine do it all North American round.

Then on top of that Hornady has come out in the last few years with a line of spectacular red tip hunting bullets in the caliber with high G1s, in this case .430. Reloader 19 and the F215M is recommended in their guide as a good load. Velocities in excess of 2900 are possible providing a hard hitting long range bullet.

I have rebarreled my Mark V Weatherby .340 to .330 Dakota 3 groove and am currently in the process of developing a load using exactly your formula with 79.7 grains of RL 19. While I really enjoy a fine example of the Mark V, I feel that the .330 Dakota with the Lilja 3 groove provides a configuration superior to the .340 WM.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

cracker wrote:Thanks RIO for a fine rifle.

Buddy, you are WELCOME! :D

I can now see it went to a good home and will be hunted properly. It now has accounted for two moose, two bull elk, and one nice whitetail; and it's only getting started! Congratulations.

Don Allen, the creater of the Dakota line of rifles and cartridges once said that the .330 Dakota was his "do it all" anywhere in the world cartridge, and proceeded to take every major critter on the planet with his, including the big bears and the big five in Africa. Can't say much more, eh? :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Nice whitetail!
Where will you be buffalo hunting? Can't wait to hear about it next year.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
cracker

Post by cracker »

I have gone to South Dakota a few times to coyote hunt, and the Wife say's" I dont know why you spend all that time hunting coyotes it puts no meat in thr freezer" So this year I decided to bring some meat home and shoot a buffalo. I will be hunting with northern plains outfitters near Aberdeen. I have never been to that area of South Dakota before and hope the coyotes are coopertive. I decided on shooting a meat cow around 1000 lbs. that should help fill the freezer. The grandson who is 14 will be tagging along, that should have been his buck this year but it was late in the day and he was a little bored and the buck caught him with his pants down so to speak.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

I imagine that will do a very nice job of putting meat in the freezer. A buffalo hunt is something I'd love to do one of these days.
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Nice Looking Buck and great looking Rifle,You can't beat a combination like that! :chin: :D :wink:
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

Cracker nice looking buck and great looking hunting rifle! Once a hunter takes big game with that .338 caliber it is very hard to lay off it come the fall hunting season. I love that .338 caliber I do!!! I have several rifles in the form of the .338-06, .338-Win mag and .338/300 Ultra mag. The wife has taken sole pocession of the .338-06, win some lose some. LOL :wink: :wink:
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Cracker: Looking at that Dakota, I'm starting to wish I had not sold it to you! No more posts showing it, okay? :wall:

(Just kiddin' but boy, she still looks good!)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails