Finally got my deer head done

Talk about North American big game hunting.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Finally got my deer head done

Post by ryutzy »

Just got my deer head back from the 09 season. ( I know it's 2011 now) I did a European mount on this one as you can see. I dont have any more room in my office so this one had to go on my garage wall. This was a bow kill. I rattled this deer in and he came in fast and angry raking the brush with his rack. He stopped at 25 yards and was looking around for his competition. Due to all the brush in the way I could not pull off a shot. After what seemed like forever he slowly started walking away. I finally managed to get my grunt tube out and grunted. He immediately came back a few yards. I ranged him at 35 yards, picked a spot and whammo. The arrow went through his shoulder and stopped in the other shoulder. He only went 35 yards after being hit. I used a Rage broadhead.

It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Finally got my deer head done

Post by Clint E »

Looks good Sounds like you need to build a bigger office .
ryutzy

Post by ryutzy »

Yeah I need a bigger office. My wife wont let me put my mounts in the living room. Im sol there. My dream is to build a trophy room that will hold everything I'll ever mount. I hope to build one in the next few years. I guess it depends on if I build my own house or buy a house and remodel a room to do what I want.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Clint E

Post by Clint E »

My wife told me that i couldnt have them in the living room either. So i put one mount above the head board in the bedroom . When she seen what i did she was fit to be tied after a short explantion of why i put it there she desided that the living room would be just fine. Hey its my house to.
:D
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Same exact thing here with Wifey. :?

I put a nice 5x5 bull elk mount up in the living room about four years ago. Had to take it down....for some goofy reason, BOTH my hound-dogs barked and howled at it until it was removed. :?: Wifey said: "See, I told you it doesn't belong in here!"

Now the gun room is stuffed, the office full, now they're having to be put up in the....(gulp) garage. I'm going to start selling mulie and elk racks to the horn buyer soon...I'm outa room too.

ryutzy: Nice mount bud. I really like the European mount style also. Nice job. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

GTOHunter

Post by GTOHunter »

Very nice looking Bow-Kill Buck,the Euro Mount looks Very Nice..."Congratulations"!
ryutzy

Post by ryutzy »

Thanks guys--I had the help of a buddy in getting it done. I'm having the buck I shot this last fall done the same way, but I'm going to try to make the skull whiter and a little more shiny than this one.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

ryutzy Way to go!! Nice job calling him so close and personal, you couldn't get a shot till he moved out a bit.
Nice looking mount. :wink: Thanks for sharing.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

That looks very nice. I also like the European mounts.. As for mounts in house. So far the wife has put up with them, Elk in main living area, Deer and coyote in the frontroom, As for room, need more. Dall sheep and another deer head in garage.
Birds of various types all over the front room and family room area. Are we not so fortunate to have good wifes, guys ? Bill K :D
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

That's a nice looking deer!
I hear you guys about mounts in the house. Mine have red lights in their antlers for Valentines Day, green lights at St. Patricks Day, orange at Halloween, red, white and blue for the 4th of July, multi-colored at Christmas and plain white the rest of the year. Oh well, at least I get to keep them in the living room along with my full body coyote mount that also gets decorated. The wife did say that if she ever gets a deer that she would consider taking down one of the family pictures just so she could hang her mount on the wall.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.