Varmint Stalker strikes again

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
howler

Varmint Stalker strikes again

Post by howler »

went out yesterday, Shooting a Browning Varmint Stalker in 204, using 35 grain Berger HP's, the 35 Bergers are a little tougher on Fur than the 32 V max's s but not real bad, and it puts them down for the count.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Varmint Stalker strikes again

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Howler: Yes indeedy! Those are some very nice prime Montana dogs you have there. Congratulations on a very good day afield.

Don't be bashful about telling the story; rifle (mods?), load, the actual hunt. More pics won't hurt anyone's feelings either....... ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Post by sniper model 12 »

Sweet pic!! I'd like to hear about the hunt and the rig.

thanks!!
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Nice dogs. I especially like the color of the middle one. Are they always that grey up there?
Good shootin.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
Medic52
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS Varmint

Post by Medic52 »

WOW what a great day you had, nice shooting and nice pictures
" The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he LOVES what is behind him." G.K.Chesterton

REM 700 SPS Varmint Elite 6x24x40
LIFE MEMBER NRA
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER NAHC
howler

Post by howler »

Well gents, not all the dogs are like that middle one but there are a few alright. Along the Candadien Line Out of a hundred dogs you might get 25 like the middle one. the middle one has the fur but not the size. it was a pretty small coyote I'm guessing a young female. When I shot that coyote I was thinking it might be an Albino the sun was shining on it and made the white stand out even more. Anyway some info on the hunt I shot 2 dogs on the first 2 stands, we have been having some seriously cold weather up here for a few weeks and the coyotes were holed up as far as I could tell anyway they would not respond to any calls, It was suppose to warm up to near Zero that day so I thought it would be a good day and the coyotes were on the move. like I said the first 2 stands I got 2 than I had a couple of dry runs and then I called in one that cirlced down wind of me and I didn;t get a shot. I set up tad wrong so it was my fault. Anyway I made a few more stands and Miss whitey showed up and she went home with me. one shot facing me and she went down in a heap. I ahd about 15 miles to get back to the road I came in on so I took a short cut and found some big drifts, a #9 grain shovel dose wonders on a snow bank and some good arobic exercise. about a 1/2 hours and I was back on the high grade and the sun was going down so I was happy. here a pic of the snow bank that gave me the exercise

Wiiings12
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Stainless

Post by Wiiings12 »

Nice dogs! I bet all that shoveling was worth it! :lol:
Assault is a behavior, not a device.
iceboxdan
.204 Ruger Guns: savage fv 12 d-tech ar 204

Post by iceboxdan »

you got some nice looking coyotes there . that shoveling will warm you up on the coldest day .i do my share of it . i work for the county plowing snow.
congrats again on those fine looking coyote.
icebox