FOXPRO FX3 Predator Call info

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

FOXPRO FX3 Predator Call info

Post by Snoplop »

Just ordered a FOXPRO FX3 Predator Call from Cabela's...who is over priced in my opinion BUT, the company gave me 425 bucks of Cabelas cards that were burning a hole in my pocket. WooHoo :D
Figures now that I decide to order it they are out of stock. Their best quess on delivery is the 13th so while I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting, want to figure out all I can about it. Like some validation that I didn't throw my $ away..actually I only got stuck with $11.47 of it so can't complain. :D
Am used to coyote/varmint 'shooting' but the idea of them comming to me seems a whole lot more efficient. Guess I'm getting soft.
Anyway am new to coyote calling and wondered what all I need to get this new fangled contraption up to snuff.
Looks like a no brainer but noticed some issues like they eat batteries so the next thing will be the charger and battery setup.
And whats the deal with the remote. Saw some older posts where they sent them in to get upgraded. Have they improved the newer ones?
Biggest question is the type and quality of calls it comes loaded with. Hate to assume anything but 'hope' its ready to go for anywhere in Washington-Oregon.
Thanks in advance for any info.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Re: FOXPRO FX3 Predator Call info

Post by Hotshot »

You lucky dog-got it for $11.47. How would you like to make $10, I'll send you a check.
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

IMO it is by far the best ecaller on the market and customer service is 2nd to none.
With ecallers, as I have experienced, you get what you pay for.
You did good

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

It's hard to tell which 32 sounds are preloaded on your caller BUT,, it comes with a USB cable. Download the utility from the FP website for the FX3. You can use that to change the sounds & make new lists for the remote. The FX3 is a very good dependable unit. The main thing to always remember is that the remote goes to sleep after 30 seconds. This saves the 9V remote battery. The 1st tap will wake the remote up. The next taps will do what you want it to do. Lots of volume too. But with volume comes battery drainage. IMHO 1/2 to 3/4 volume is all that's needed for predators. I only use full volume for crows. I also have their rechargeable battery packs & have never had an issue with battery life. Get the highest amp batteries you can find. They recommend the 2500nimh <<?? batteries. But I haven't been able to kill my batteries yet.

The most important thing is that no e-caller can take the place of proper technique. Bad setups equal educated coyotes. Proper setups equals "good" coyotes. If I can help anymore just ask.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Post by Snoplop »

There is a lot of info out there, came across this on the Califonia Varmint callers web site "Tips on using the Fox Pro caller".
They have a list of calls..a list of his favorite and most productive sounds on the fox pro...leaves a few unanswered questions.
Whats with the bird calls? Woodpecker? The pig call, :eek: now THAT would be interesting outside wallyworld, Imagine some are location specific. :D
Wondered how many of you use these.
1. wood pecker, 2. coyotepup in distress, 3. female invitation makes a good locator, 4. Cow Bird, 5. canine pup distress, 6.starling distress, 7. rabbit distress #1 and #2, 8.rodent squeak, 9.baby pig distress, 10.Dave afflec's jack rabbit, 11. ground hog distress, 12. p- dog distress, 13. kitten distress, 14. fawn bawl, 15. jerrys AP-6, 16. Randy Andersons howls are very good, 17 antelope distress, 18.kiss of death (I hate to ask what that sounds like)
Thanks again for the info! This site is great. :D
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
Glen

Post by Glen »

Bird calls-- Usually these are very busy calls. Coyotes just here food being prepared. Cats,, as I'm told we can't hunt them here,, like the busy nonstop sounds. It keeps their attention.

I use #1,2,3,5,6,7,8&14 on your list.

The kiss of death is simple. Wet the back of your hand suck on it. It emits a low volume high pitch squeak. Or purse your lips tightly & suck air thru them. Very subtle & is used to coax those critters that extra step or two for the shot without movement.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

A couple of friends got their foxpro's from Cabelas, and Sportsmans Warehouse and their calls were loaded with a lot of sounds they can't use. At last count neither ever downloaded additional sounds. Just last night, I got my son to help me buy and download some new sounds for my FX3. It was a piece of cake for him, but he works with computers every day. For an old timer, like me, I don't know if I could have done it by myself.
Just be prepared to need to buy and download sounds for your hunting area. There is a video tutorial on the foxpro website to explain how to buy and download sounds, it would be wise to visit there before you make the plunge. Good luck with your call, you'll love it!
ImageImage
Glen

Post by Glen »

http://www.western-rivers.com/downloads.html

These sounds work on the FP units & they are free.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Glen, guess I'm a day late and a dollar short.........both you and my son found these FREE downloads. Might add, after I just bought some from Foxpro. Old well, guess I will download some and see how they work. I did finish downloading the foxpro sounds today, and printed my new lists for the unit and remote. (Had to buy another usb cable, of course I misplaced the one from foxpro). Guess an old dog can learn some new tricks.
ImageImage
Glen

Post by Glen »

I thought I was the only one with that kinda luck Keith. :lol: Feels good to know it's not just me now. :lol: You can also google mp3 sounds.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Buglemintoday
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 204 ruger

Post by Buglemintoday »

Good job on the purchase! I LOVED mine. I'll get another soon