Triple

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Dennis81082
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700

Triple

Post by Dennis81082 »

Triple, as in we all shot the coyote once.

My buddy TR spent a couple of days chasing coyotes with my son Colton and me. Had a little snow on Fri 12/2/2011 but it melted fast. Not too cold but windy, guess that's why the coyotes didn't respond very well.

We made lots of stands and didn't get this one in until mid afternoon. Came running hard to the call after about 10 min. TR was scanning with his bino's and didn't know the coyote was at 25 yards until I barked to stop him for the shot. Colton and I shot at almost the same time and dropped the coyote but didn't finish him so TR finally ended it. We did the fist bump thing to signify the (almost) triple.

Later that same day we called one more to TR and Colton's side and good ol' TR held off the shot and Colton made a perfect chest shot and dropped this big male at 99 yards. Colton is about 5' 7" for reference and we guessed he was about 35 lbs.

We got another snow Fri nite so Sat should have been good but the coyotes didn't think so. We killed two by 8 am and never saw another all day. Saved them for another trip.
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Re: Triple

Post by Song Dog »

Very cool on the triple :D
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Your buddy TR? as in TR from the Verminator videos? I notice you are from Colorado so I thought this TR might be the crack shot from the Verminator videos.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Dennis81082
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700

Post by Dennis81082 »

That'd be the one and only TR.

TR comes down several times a year. I met him about 8 or 10 years ago shooting PD's with some buddies and we've been friends since.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Cool! Yeah I'm sure TR is a blast to hunt/shoot with. I always enjoy watching him shoot--never know what he'll pull off next. One of my personal favorites is the coyote he shot in the head with a bow as it was running full bore right at him.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Great Hunt!!! Thanks for sharing.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox