Chuckin' in Rick's backyard

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
hueys66
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 VLS

Chuckin' in Rick's backyard

Post by hueys66 »

Well I finally found some time this morning to get out and check on the chuck piles. I got there and did some glassin and seen a few chucks that appeared to be hanging in the old trees as if someone had already been through and hung em up there to stake there their piles. So I drove around and came back to that spot and come to find out them beggars where up in the tree chewin on the limbs but weren't moving earlier. Appears the numbers are down a bit this year from last :) was able to find some poking around though. Didn't punch em at any distance by any means. The closest was 125yds which ended up givin him a six foot cartwheel and the furthest was only 502yds. All in all a decent couple hours of chuckin. Poked eight and got a few pics for everyone. Hope everyone has a good varmint season!

@ 502 yds

@ 389yds

This one was a great through the scope dispatch @ 417 yds. He ended up doin a four foot cartwheel and then another four feet below the point of impact. You can see where he landed on the rocks and rolled in the hole. If you look close you can see whre the bullet impact is on the upper left rock, that is where he started.

And last but not least "thee old crow bar"
Blend in or go hungry
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Chuckin' in Rick's backyard

Post by Glen »

:lmao: @ that 389 yarder!!!!!!! I'm surprised you seen any that close to RIO's stomping grounds. I hope you didn't shoot his seed stock for next year!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Post by bazz »

thats fine shoooooooooooooooooooting well done cheers bazz
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Hueys66..............Thanks for sharing. Nice pics. Very nice blend in crow bar tooo.

Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

What a nice day, thanks for sharing the pictures. Great shooting too. Love the little feet sticking up :lol:
Please, no Sidewinder today!