Cheap long range electronic varmint call.

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
coyote shooter

Cheap long range electronic varmint call.

Post by coyote shooter »

I put together a cheap long range electronic caller by taking 2 Cass Creek calls, 150yds of speaker wire, and a Cass creek external aux speaker. I use an orange drop cord wind up reel like you find at walmart.I carry this in a backpack and it works slick.Total cost of package was around $65.Set up is really fast and easy.I usually use mouth howlers with the setup. I get 10 different digital calls in this setup and I'm on my 2nd year of the same aa batteries.I don't have to worry about an expensive rechargeable battery to replace someday. Setup is fast and takedown is simple! :roll:
Last edited by coyote shooter on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UTcaller
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by UTcaller »

I 've messed with different setups for alot of years,started with cheap cassette players,then went to JS E-caller(cassette)to heavy.Then to the preymaster with the cartridges.pain to carry all the cartridges,and unwinding speaker wire.Finally broke down and bought me a Foxpro fx3,lightweight,32 sounds,remote all at alittle over two pounds.I figure 2 bobcats will pay for the setup with change to spare. :D
coyote shooter

Post by coyote shooter »

Sure the Fox Pro is sweet,But my caller works excellent and I can buy another rifle for the cost of the Fox Pro!!! My heaviest item is the cord reel with the speaker wire,but my little backpack works great.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Cass Has a remote Caller on the Market for 49$

Post by Ryan S Albright »

When the price of Remote Callers came down I bought a Remmington for 54$and recieved a Cass as a gift. The Remminton remote works better but doesn't have the Valume that the Cass has. The Problem with the remote is that when I set it out. I have had the bob cats pop out right next to me to look for the noise. then turn around and dispear before i could do any thing. From now on I keep the noise next to me and see them pop up from a distance to look for the noise. I hunt at night and the light finds there eyes for me. When setting the remote out I've had two whith in twelve feet of me. I wasn't expecting that. They seem to like to find a spot away from the noise and watch for awhile.
DOGKILLR

Post by DOGKILLR »

Ryan, when calling at night and using a light you should always place the sound as close to you as possible not away from you. This way the varmints eyes are focused toward you and reflect the light better. If their eyes are focused on the call and its not located close by chances are you may never see their eye reflection, which you have already discovered.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

calls

Post by Ryan S Albright »

One device I used was a cheap walkman with a battery powered speaker the cord is only about 6" long and if you make a copy of your tape you can Que in a little delay that alows you time to walk off and set up it will play none stop for 30 minutes or more depending on the tape you use. Cheap but has worked good for the money about $30 dollars.