My first coyote hunt of the season

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

My first coyote hunt of the season

Post by Valar »

I went on my first coyote hunt of the season today. I actually shot a coyote from my deer stand with my 50 cal blackpowder rifle. I went out this morn with a friend of mine. We made a stand just 400 yards behind his house under a high voltage tower. I started calling as soon as it got light. I made four or five 20 sets of calls in about a half hour period. at one point we heard the farmers dogs about 1/2 mile away going crazy. I thought someting has the upset. I waited five mins and hit the call again after checking my flank. Just as i set call down i cought movement in perepheral vison. To my flank was a nice coyote less than five yards away. She was looking at my mechanical decoy rabbit and unsure what I was. She must have winded me and started moving quik. I hit the call soft and grabed my gun. She stoped to see what i was at 15 yrds and I fierd. The coyote rolled a couple times and I said thats a dead yote. The thing got up and put it in afterburner! My hunting parter started shooting at her and got off 4 rounds to no avail. I had the dog back in crosshairs and new it was getting allot of distance told my self take your time. The yote Quartered to the right and offered a side shot. I led it bye about 3 feet. Squeezed the trigger and wam it rolled and hobled up one more time took two steps and dropped! Went and retreived a nice female yote. My partner said wow that was a long shot. I paced it off back to the tower at 296 Yards. 40 Grain erger did the trick!
This was a excellent first coyote hunt of the season!
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k57 ... ca0b44.jpg
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: My first coyote hunt of the season

Post by GTOHunter »

Congratulations onsome Great SHooting and a nice Coyote! ;)

What Caliber is Your Rifle?
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: My first coyote hunt of the season

Post by Valar »

I mostly coyote hunt with my ar 15 shilen match 204 ruger barrel. 1in9 twist.