Prairie Doggin' in God's Country

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
ScottB
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Prairie Doggin' in God's Country

Post by ScottB »

For those of you that aren't blessed to be able to live were the prairie dogs roam, thought I'd post a few pictures to show you what you're missing.

Today we used 22 LR, 17 HMR, 22 Hornet, 221 Fireball, and 223 Rem. Ranges were from 10 to over 400 yards. Between my buddy and I, the count for this afternoon was between 400 and 450. On this property, we have access to four sections of land that all looks like this, and we are the only people that can shoot it. :D

If you can manage it, I strongly recommend giving it a try. It's very therapeutic. :wink:
"I was brought up to believe that Scotch whisky would need a tax preference to survive in competition with Kentucky bourbon."

Justice Hugo Black
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: Prairie Doggin' in God's Country

Post by RAMOS »

Awesome, Scott! We don't have PD's close by but, we do have sage rats, ground squirrels and rock chucks for colony shooting. Our sage rats would be the most similar to what you have going on in your pictures. You really owe it to yourself to add a 20VT to the mix! Guaranteed to put a huge grin on your face, EACH & EVERY time you pull the trigger. :wink:
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

I'm already planning to add a 20 VT to the mix. I just have to sell a couple of guns to finance a new Cooper to add to the two model 38's I already have. :wink:

Sage rats are DEFINATELY on the list for me to do. I'd like to do it this year, but I'm probably a little late to be able to figure out where to go/how to do it. Maybe I can get it arranged for next year.
"I was brought up to believe that Scotch whisky would need a tax preference to survive in competition with Kentucky bourbon."

Justice Hugo Black
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

That would be very nice to have that type of land available for yourself :mrgreen: Thank you for sharing that. And when it gets into your hands :D You will love the 20 VT. Bill K
Clint E

Post by Clint E »

That's so much better than looking at green grass a flowers .
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Clint E wrote:That's so much better than looking at green grass a flowers .
:wink:

Justice Hugo Black
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Lucky guy to have access to a target rich environment like that, all to yourselves! :lol: :lol:
I was going to Montana tomorrow, BUT they are having rain and thunder storms!! :evil: :evil:
Hope to try it in June. It is a 12 hour drive for me. You can see the damage that the prairie dogs are doing. You will love your 20 VarTarg, even less recoil than your 204.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Sidewinderwa wrote:Lucky guy to have access to a target rich environment like that, all to yourselves! :lol: :lol:
I was going to Montana tomorrow, BUT they are having rain and thunder storms!! :evil: :evil:
Hope to try it in June. It is a 12 hour drive for me. You can see the damage that the prairie dogs are doing. You will love your 20 VarTarg, even less recoil than your 204.
All of my spots have rain for the next 10 days in the forecast. Guess it's time to get caught up on the reloading.

Justice Hugo Black