Another shoot in Lassen Co.

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Another shoot in Lassen Co.

Post by brooksb »

The attachment April 22,23 Bieber2.jpg is no longer available
April 22,23 Bieber1.jpg
April 22,23 Bieber1.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 577 times
I didn't put the squirrel on the fence, I shot him in the grass under the fence, he took flight above the top wire and landed on the second strand. He was staring at me, I hit him with a 32gr Vmax at 120 yards the bullet exiting out the back just before the hips. Brother and I went for a day and a half shoot, wasn't the best rat shooting, not sure why maybe the ranch is getting shot out or something to do with the young just hitting the surface, but I got 110 and my brother got just shy of 100 (he shoots only with a 22lr) the second day we were doing as well as the first may be better shooting adults but moved when it slowed down a little just about 300 yards down the linear into a basin that has always been great, when we got setup only the young were out and they were pickle sized so we took off early for the valley, I used mostly the 204 and shot past 150 primarily, the maiage was so intense on the mostly bare ground that I couldn't see well past 220 or so. I just had never seen an area where only the young were out, anyone else seen this?
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: Another shoot in Lassen Co.

Post by Silverfox »

brooksb--Sure would have been nice to have a video of that critter flying through the air and getting hung up on the fence!!! That is my kind of photograph for sure!!! Thanks for posting.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Re: Another shoot in Lassen Co.

Post by brooksb »

I know, I told my brother to count 4 tee post from the wood post with his scope, first he thought i staged it, then said it would make a great YouTube clip. Showed it to some other shooters they got a big kick out if it and took some Pictures. Hope your back makes a complete recovery.