Mid season Rat shoot in Lassen Co.!!

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Mid season Rat shoot in Lassen Co.!!

Post by brooksb »

!!Warning!! No pics: Brother and I went to our Ranch out of Bieber our favorite fields we're mowed but no raked, so we set up shooting against some higher ground on a yet unnamed field at 0600 and had great shooting till they started raking, then we moved to Bodhi's hill and shot till 1300 and headed home. My brother had over a 100 with his 22lr, I shot with the .17 out past 50 or 60 yrds so he could poach under me ,and shot out to about 120 before switching to the 204, probably a Max of 250yrds in that second field with the 204. We had a very good day, not epic, but for a half day which I try and avoid a very satisfying day. Early next WK ought to be great with more fields mowed and maybe some baled, so we're planning a Monday/Tuesday shoot there, with Cedarville on our radar for the end of the month.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Mid season Rat shoot in Lassen Co.!!

Post by Bill K »

Nice to hear they are cutting and a person can see the little buggers.. Thanks for sharing Brooksb. Bill K
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Glad you were able to get out again. By the time the first cut happens around these parts, it's usually way too hot to shoot, as the little buggers go down about 0900 and don't emerge again till evening. Not worth the drive.

But you know what they say on internet forums...."no pics.....didn't happen"...... :chin:

Remember your camera next time! :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Post by brooksb »

the numbers of squeaks drops off noticeably after about 1100 and doesn't pick up till about 1530 here,
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

They are sun worshipers like us, too a point, but seek shade and cool rest, when the sun gets towards the high mark. But then later in the evening, the shooting came resume, for sure. Bill K