204 will it lift a PD out of it hole like a 22-250?

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
204Luver
.204 Ruger Guns: 527 Varmint; Rem. 700 VLS

Re: 204 will it lift a PD out of it hole like a 22-250?

Post by 204Luver »

Rick, I'm wondering why, when I made clear that I was talking only about p-dogs, you would start telliing me I didn't know what I was talking about, and didn't know what I was missing. I lived in the NW for 3 years and did some small squirrel shooting. I just have no reason to go back there now, but good reasons to spend time on the prairie, so that is where I shoot squirrels now.

If you know so much about shooting p-dog towns out, I'm wondering why you responded to my post about passing on non-challenging shots in order to converve them for long-range practice, by posting your "inside the wire" treatise. Is there a reading comprehension problem here, or you just can't resist being contrary?
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I think 204luver that you have beat this horse enough..( and now I know you will say I and others are the one beating the horse) So please you enjoy your way of shooting and comments and let it go. We in turn will enjoy the way, each and everyone of us enjoy our sport and with the weapons we enjoy.
As for me, that is it and this thread is finished in my mind. Bill K :)
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Rick in Oregon wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 am I'll add that if we do not kill enough of these little rats, the ranchers will hire professional poisoners to come out and decimate the entire property and leave it barren of animal life. "Scorched earth" indeed. :chin:
Well said Rick, you too Bill.
bloc
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage FCV

Post by bloc »

If you shoot ground squirrels in the Klamath Falls area, you enjoy the benefit of feeding all sorts of raptors: I've seen both golden and bald eagles perched on the same pivot pipe, along with hawks.

How cool is that?
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Bloc... Like you said all sort of raptors enjoy the meals furnished by us shooters. What is really funny, is the fact that at two of the pivots I have shot at, seagulls arrive shortly after the shooting begins ( like some bears seem to do on Kodiak, when they hear gunshots) and start feeding, however with them, instead of picking the squeeks apart as raptors do, these gulls gulp them down whole. Bill K :)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I think our logo says it all........

Everyone have a great holiday season! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails