Lassen county Shoot

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Lassen county Shoot

Post by brooksb »

Went to our favorite ranch, we started in between a bailed and a swathed field shooting against a hill in one direction and between rows in a swathed field. Shooting was pretty good given that this has been a slow year, about 0930 the rancher started bailing so we took off for another place on the ranch and ended up shooting into a field with almost squirrel high alfalfa, but even though we had some elevation on'm I wasn't optimistic, but I was wrong, after our mandatory wait for'm they started popping up and by 1300 when we left I had almost 150 which was outstanding this year. Only used the CZ 17hmr as you couldn't see'm much past 150yrds in the alfalfa. The rancher is a prince of a guy, tells us where he sees'm and supports hunters and is one himself. Oh BTW I was also supprised in the numbers of weasels that were out, they were all over the place, we usually see one or two, but not five or six. The reader may not believe any of this as I have no photos of our trip, but you can ask my brother he'll vouch for it.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: Lassen county Shoot

Post by skipper »

It sounds like you had a blast. Pun intended. :camper:

I cannot believe that nobody, NOBODY, took an iPhone or any other camera on a trip to shoot squirrels. You'll just have to go back and get some pictures.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Great that you had a fine shoot and outing. I have slowed down in squeeks, as the second cutting has already grown tall enough to make it difficult to see them, other than here and there. So numbers have fallen off, but it will changed with the next cutting.. Bill K :)
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Post by brooksb »

When we stopped for our traditional milk shake stop in McAuthor I remembered no pics. For a not so great year at this ranch we had a good shoot.
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

I believe ya Brooks! Randy.