Hot

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Hot

Post by broper »

It's been really hot here, way to hot for our ground squirrels, we won't see them again until next spring. It's way to hot to get out and look for anything to shoot. Today is the eigth day in a row of over 100 degree temps. They're predicting a couple more days of it and that will set a new record for consecutive days over 100. Very hot for this area. Hope others are not so hot and can get out and enjoy a little shooting.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Hot

Post by Rick in Oregon »

It's the same story here Broper in central Orygun. All our days for the past month have been in the 100* range. As a result, our squirrels are down by 0800, the chucks soon thereafter. As you said, we won't see most of them until late February next year. I'm not even going out on my morning chuck look-abouts any more this year.

Sometimes some good shooting can be had after first cut. But the usual caveat here is the summer heat; this year the heat is so intense, that by first cut, all the rats are down by this time.

Covid ruined the 2020 varmint season, now "climate change" or just plain unexplained heat has toasted the 2021 season here in the PNW. Let's all hope next season is much different. :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Hot

Post by Bill K »

Same,right now, around here right now, pushing 100 or a little more by 0930, so nothing stays out very long in the early morning. I am like Rick, no more chucks for this year, let them rest and reseed, for next year, with cooler weather, I hope. :)