Still slow here

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Still slow here

Post by broper »

But the hot weather has let up. Had a few days in the 70's, it's staying in the 80's now. We could have a few warmer days but our main summer is pretty much over. Kind of felt like fall in the air a couple of the cooler days. I did get two badgers a couple weeks ago with my .204. Haven't seen any in so long I was surprised. One at 175 yds. and one at 125 yds. The next week I had my 6m/m Rem, and spotted one at 338 yds. I couldn't hit that thing to save my life. I was so close, throwing dirt in his face. He'd jerk back and mill around like he was confused. While I was getting more ammo out of the box he finally went down the hole. I waited about a half hour but he never came back up. So close but no badger. We'll probably start calling coyotes in a month or so.
jpx2rk
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FV, R783/20P combo

Re: Still slow here

Post by jpx2rk »

Still HOT & MUGGY here, low to mid 90's with 50% humidity. Get your chores done early and hide out in the "cave" is the normal routine around here.
Master Piddler ;)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

jpx2rk, why not list your location on your profile so when you refer to the conditions there, we can relate to what you're referring to and where you are?

The members here are spread over a remarkable portion of the country.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

K22
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber

Post by K22 »

I see jpx2rk lives close to my area. I've got the same weather report as he does. LOL
I'm hoping this humidity heat go away along with my back problem. I've got lots of gun related projects to get started and finished. I'm getting anxious to get this new 204 barrel installed.
broper

Post by broper »

I'm glad we don't have the high humidity here, temperature wise it has been nice here lately. We really need rain though, it's so dry here. They're going to shut off irrigation a month earlier than normal. I'm real careful about not getting off the roads/two tracks when I'm out and about. Don't want to be the cause of any brush or grass fires.
K22

Post by K22 »

Rain? We have plenty of that and could actually use some dry for a while.
Maybe next week I can get that 204 barrel installed on a Kimber.
broper

Post by broper »

Wish we could trade!
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Same in my neck of the woods, we need some good rain, for at least 4-5 days to helps with the Dixie and Caldor fires. :(
K22

Post by K22 »

I'll try and send you fellars some.
The weather is going to get nicer here with no rain, so if I can quit hobbling around I may get some shooting in.
SecretCode
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 vlp .204

Post by SecretCode »

We are finally getting our spring rains. Received a scattered 1-2" over the last week and are getting that again today. Way to late for any crops left in the fields just in time for guys to be fighting mud for sugar beet harvest. But we'll take it what and when we can.
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

Beautiful fall weather in KS....
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Cooling off around here, fall is in the air. Still no precipitation, to amount to anything. I believe this areas total measurment, so far, is a little of two inches for the year, too date. No very much for 9 months.. now you know why it is so dry around the area and fires are running rampant in Ca. :)
broper

Post by broper »

We've been having real nice weather here, 70's & 80's. Tues. & Wed. are suppose to be around 63 then back up to 80's by the end of the week. I've had the heater on a few mornings just to take the chill off. Still no rain though, pretty dry out in the hills.