Anyone going to Cedarville in 2022?

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
dan97526
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21, Cooper 38 20VT, CZ 17H

Anyone going to Cedarville in 2022?

Post by dan97526 »

Friends,

I've been out of the game since 2017 due to caring for an elderly family member. I've tried without success to get out every year, but I'm freed up this year. Unfortunately I can't get ahold of any of my old shooting spots, and my shooting partners are no longer active for one reason or another. I should have kept in contact with the spots, but that's water under the bridge. I want to get back to shooting, so if anyone wants to offer up in intel on Klamath or Lake County contacts please PM me. I'd even go up to Deschutes if I had to. I was shooting 5 or 6 days a month back then.

I guess I'll go knock on doors before the season, but given the wholescale destruction of the culture since 2020 I am pessimistic. Sadly, we live in a different world now.

Anyway, I'm thinking of going to Cedarville for the Squirrel Roundup - at least get some shooting in. Anyone going, or have gone? Lead-free required? Centerfires ok? Anyone want to team up?

Best wishes,
Dan
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Anyone going to Cedarville in 2022?

Post by Bill K »

Not going and I believe the way the law is now written in Commie California, even the non-game critters like the ground squirrels require lead free ammo. Do not believe F&W wardens will let you get away with shooting them without it. :mad:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Dan, so sorry to hear your old spots are no longer available. Seems older guys experience that a lot as owners sell or die and their heirs will not allow shooting on property that offered great shooting for decades. We've been victims of that here also.

Never gone to mass shooting events, as I don't enjoy crowds and as I live in what is still a free state that allows lead bullets (for now anyway), I'll not gear up just to go to N. CA for rats and be forced to go lead-free. Just ain't gonna happen. Probably a very fun event, just not for me or my crew.

But if you do go, be sure to post up the event with plenty of pics to amuse us during the doldrums, as that shoot occurs early in the season if memory serves. Good luck, and I hope you find another location here to avoid traveling to Commiefornia (if I can't carry concealed, I don't go anyway).

Just this week we set our week long+ event here in Orygun. I look forward to it more now than going for mulies or elk....no work involved, just fun. I hope something works out for you soon.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

People laugh at Kansas, but this is still a 2a state with constituational carry and a strong hunting tradition.
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
cltrns51
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by cltrns51 »

Went to Ceaderville in March 2022. As always had a good time even though Not near the squirrels as there used to be, however did take about 150 over 2 1/2 days. Used all rimfire, 22s,17 hmr and the "Magical" B Mag 17 wsm. Wow!! Love that caliber and gun. Did shoot up most of my stockpiled "green ammo". Can not find any to buy at any price anywhere so am most likely done until/if its becomes available. Sad the hay guys are now using to poison since few hunters have the required ammo. The good news?? Planning Oregon and Nevada late June where lead still flies.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

cltrns51 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 amThe good news?? Planning Oregon and Nevada late June where lead still flies.
Well there new forum guy, before taking off, you might want to consider callilng ahead to the landowner, as by late June, the grass and/or alfalfa is usually too long to see the squirrels unless they stand up, and even then it's a challange. We're almost always done by early or mid-June for that reason, especially with all the moisture/rain this spring.

Call ahead to not be disappointed.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails