FoxPro FX3 or FX5 ??

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Dave

FoxPro FX3 or FX5 ??

Post by Dave »

I was just getting ready to order a FoxPro FX3 and learned that they now offer the FX5. Is it worth getting the newer model?
GAJoe

Post by GAJoe »

I got my FX3 upgraded to the FX5 and it's worth every penny to me. I have 82 sounds loaded so far. With the 4 presets I can choose my four sounds that are just right for the setup and their volume and set it up quickly without turning the caller on. Or when calling I can alternate between two sounds with different volumes back and forth with the recall button. And now I don't have to remember the #'s. I made it hard on myself, every time I heard a sound I liked, I would get it and have new #'s to remember.
GAJoe
Ezek 33:11 ... I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live."
2Peter 3:9 The Lord is...not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
John 3:16
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thanks. I stopped in the Hamburg PA Cabelas store yesterday and picked up the FX3 - they were sold out of the FX5, but I had a coupon and gift certificate to use up, so I took the FX3. I hope to get out over the holidays, and have not had much success with mouth calls.

I'll look into upgrading later.
DOGKILLR

Post by DOGKILLR »

GAJOE, say you got the fx5 upgrade? Did you have to return you fx3 remote or could you keep it? I have the fx3 and need to return for repairs. It has problems with the Usb port and I was thinking about upgading to the fx5. How many sounds do they preload at the factory? I know it will hold 200 sounds but how many do they preload?
GAJoe

Post by GAJoe »

DOGKILLR,
Yea, you have to send in the remote. They will add 18 more sounds of your choice to total 50 as on the new FX5's. You can give them a specific order that you want the 50 sounds. I would choose as many of the new "Mark II" sounds as would be useful. They are real high quality.
I got mine back in less than two weeks. You'll love it!
GAJoe
Ezek 33:11 ... I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live."
2Peter 3:9 The Lord is...not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
John 3:16
DOGKILLR

Post by DOGKILLR »

GAJOE, THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Varmonter

Post by Varmonter »

If you don't mind me asking how much was the upgrade??
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

The upgrade is the price difference. About $200.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
DOGKILLR

Post by DOGKILLR »

Reluctantly sent my Fx3 back to Foxpro for the Fx5 upgrade. I also asked them to download a list of 50 new sounds instead of the 18 they usually add to the originals. Some of the original sounds included things I wouldn't use like elk calls. Hope I am happy with them, they sounded pretty good on the test site but you don't get to listen to much.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

ok fox pro must be King.

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Where is the best place to order the Fox pro from and whats it going to cost me. Is it heavy? Is it remote. Is it the one to get? It must be digital!
Glen

Post by Glen »

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com

Around $450 for the FX3 & another $200 for the FX5.

It is digital & has a 700yd remote.

The FP's & the Minaska e-callers are as good as they get for around $5-700.

http://www.minaskaoutdoors.com

HTH

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

I just drool when I hear about these E- callers. :mad: Electronic calling is not allowed in Alberta (not sure why) so we have to do it the ole fashion way with the mouth blown calls.
Savage Vaporizer
Glen

Post by Glen »

Gube-- Has anybody tried lobbying the local government on e callers? I know those hand calls are gonna get the best of your hearing at some point in time. They are very loud & very close to your ears. Thats another reason for going with the e callers. Ohio has allowed them for deer also now but not turkey.

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Glen - Havn't checked into it yet, but I plan on making a few phone calls and sending out some E-mails to see what we have to do to make this happen. Dealing with the govt is frustrating due to the red tape and the bleeding hearts. I will probably start off with some of the local fish and game clubs and local MLA's.
Savage Vaporizer
Glen

Post by Glen »

Thats as good a place to start as any. If you can generate some interest then you can get some help. There's nothing worse than one person fighting for what many will enjoy. It's not right & Best of Luck to you in this. And remember,, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It's time to annoy some people!! :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen