Johny Stewart Preymaster 4 remote digital caller review

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Johny Stewart Preymaster 4 remote digital caller review

Post by Ryan S Albright »

My Preymaster caller arrived yesterday. It would have been nice to know since I spent all night out hunting with my old Johny stewart tape player with no luck. I bought it as a clearance idem from Mid south shooters with shipping it was $165 dollars it looks good I tried it out this morning at 25yrds and it worked so off to the field we go. It comes with 3 digital cards which all plug in to the side giving you 12 calls it is a neat package except for the large speaker. I payed $184 dollars years ago for the tape player so I consider this a great upgrade I have seen post that have asked about this caller I was looking at the Fox Pro Scorpion or FX3 but work has slowed down and I can't sell furs. I think this is going to do fine. I will let you all know how it works out.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Johny Stewart Preymaster 4 remote digital caller review

Post by Glen »

There's been a lot of fur put down over those PM's!! And they are still callin critters in. Look forward to your report & Good Luck!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Ryan S Albright

I was able to go out with the new Preymaster 4 today and give it a try I set it out about 80yrds insight on a 6 foot high rock and started with a cottontail cry then added a some crows on top then also added a coyote bark it was able to run all three at the same time it worked great I raised and lowered the volume and let it play for about 20 minutes no luck with the coyotes but I was impressed I didn't add a forth sound because I didn't know what else to through in. I really liked the crows thrown in with the cottontail scream. The Preymaster gives you three sound cards with four sounds each that go together for a calling scenario the buttons on the remote coincide with positions of the sound cards I sent away for two more cards they cost me about $19 dollars a piece and trade out of a plug in position. I've been under the weather with allergies for quite a while and it has really got in my way of hunting, working and every thing else. I hope to get out soon and really put this thing to the test but I think it is going to work good. The price was right!
Ryan S Albright

I received two more sound cards for the preymaster 4 I went out in the late evening and called from 5:30 to 8:00pm no luck but the call worked good I used a raccoon fight with a coyote and added growls and a coyote bark. It sounded good and I think I even got a raccoon to come up from the river and make some noises. It was nasty weather spitting rain all the time with a cold wind.
MinotBob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender G2 .204 Ruger

Post by MinotBob »

What cards cam with the unit. I'll buy one along with more cards if I know which one come with the PM4.
Thanks
Bob
MinotBob
Ryan S Albright

The cards that it came with are the Bobcat #1 which has Rodent distress, Squealing bird, Meadowlark, Bobcat in Heat./ General Predator #2. Canine pups, Kid goat distress, Pleading chicken. White tail fawn distress,/ Coyote #2 High pitched cottontail, canine puppies, Yellow hammer, coyote pup distress. When I ordered the Preymaster 4 from Midsouth shooters Supply the supply was limited and there was no indication which cards you would get except that it was the preditor model. Good luck with your hunting the coyotes where raising cane in my back yard last night. It was a good chance to study there barks and howls as they where really whooping it up they where about 75 yards away just on the other side of my fence. They where making greeting calls and challenge barks.
Ryan S Albright

While testing the New Preymaster 4 caller this morning one position of the remote quit working which controls 4 sounds on one card kind of crippling me a little it still allows for 8 sounds but if I have to send it back it is going to kill the best part of the year for hunting here.
Ryan S Albright

I replaced the batteries and all the positions work now.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Ryan-- I've been reading reports on your unit & another minor problem are the contacts needing cleaned on the cards & in the ports. Radio Shack or any other electronics place can help you with that little fix as well.

HTH
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Ryan S Albright

I e-mailed the people at Johny Stewart and they got back to me on Monday with some trouble shooting and reset drills. They were prompt. The caller works great. I changed the batteries out and it and got all the positions back. There is a hole in the back that you press a paper clip through and hold for 3 seconds to reset and you must shut the machine off before changing sound cards. For a $165 dollars it is great little varmint caller.