'Yote #2

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
mr6pt5
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore

'Yote #2

Post by mr6pt5 »

Took my 2nd dog via .204 on Sunday. 30yrds through the chest. The first was last year, 175 yrds, dropped him in his tracks.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: 'Yote #2

Post by Ryan S Albright »

All right! Now you got to post a picture and a story.
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Welcome to the forum Mr6pt.5, and way to go on the coyote.
YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

I'd like to know what bullet you used. Thanks!
mr6pt5
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore

Post by mr6pt5 »

I wish I had brought my camera on these hunts. Both of these dogs were taken in conjunction with the Central Oregon Coyote Classic, a tournament we have been doing for the last 11 years. Last years dog took his time coming in, I had been blowing the mouth call about 15 minutes before my partner spotted him about 400 yrds out. It took another 10 minutes for him to move within 175 yrds, he was moving to get down wind of us. He never made it, my Hornady 40 gr. v-max went right through him, heart shot. This years dog was much faster. After hiking about 1.5 miles up a draw we found a likely spot to call, I had just finished my first call session when I looked to my left and here was a dog trotting at me, 40 yrds out. Up came my trusty Encore, call in my mouth, squeezed the trigger. At 30 yrds, the Federal 39 gr bullet had no problem. There were more dogs in the area but they wouldn't come out to play. I really want to get some extreme range opportunities and see what this little guy will do.
Mike