A nanny pulled a 2-year-old girl from the jaws of a coyote

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

A nanny pulled a 2-year-old girl from the jaws of a coyote

Post by WrzWaldo »

Need another reason to dislike coyotes?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354054,00.html
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: A nanny pulled a 2-year-old girl from the jaws of a coyote

Post by glenn asher »

Coyotes smell bad, but so do I, on occasion :lol: , so this will suffice for a good reason to dislike them even more than I already do.
Of course, the coyote was just doing what coyotes do, trying to take the sick, young, and weak from the gene pool. Maybe the nanny and the parents will pay more attention to the youngster from now on.
That seems to be the trend in California now that they've tried to ban hunting in some areas with their stupid anti-hunting laws and Lead Free zones, critters are crowded out of their hunting areas and are having to catch meals of whatever and wherever they can find them.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Post by crazy2medic »

Coyotes are opertunistic feeders, they utilize what ever food is at hand, that includes children, really has nothing to do with the build up of humans, coyotes have found that small dogs, cats and etc are easy pickings, not nearly as tough as running down a jackrabbit or digging up a gopher, if they happen on to a small child, a coyote sees easy prey! we'll see more and more of this type stuff as the more "civilized" among us try and stop the barbaric sport of hunting, coyotes and mountain lions without hunting pressure and a natural fear of man will move into urban areas because food is plentiful and easy to catch!
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Where I live the yotes get neighborhood cats but no kids (so far). I've seen a yote walking down my street in the middle of the day, he didn't seem to be afraid of anything. Gary
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

People down here like to see wild life walking through there neighbor hoods. They need to realize these animals are hungry and searching for food. The one coyote the woman had seen for days hanging around her house nobody even tried to shoo it away. There are a lot of coyote down here living in large families very close to large neighbor hoods.
rscotth

Post by rscotth »

Just north of LA is where I was "turned on" to coyote hunting. I "tuned" quite a few in the Lancaster, Mojave area while working there on business. After doing some research I found there were regular incidents of people and coyotes. I remember one on the news that took one ladies dog from her while walking in her neighborhood and the "pet dog' was on a leash!

http://www.coyotebytes.org/index.html

There is an Encounter map on the site that shows all the reported incidents and sightings in California. There are a lot of them too.
RSH
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

A couple of weeks ago here in temecula ca a lady had a coyote come into her house through the doggy door and I believe it came back A second time.