Fourth of July PDogs....a quick trip this AM.

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Fourth of July PDogs....a quick trip this AM.

Post by acloco »

Couple shots from the field this morning.

Picture of my partner's pickup while standing on the mound, 325 yards away.

Exit wound at 345ish yards....

My bench, 2nd trip into the field. Remington 722 with 28" Hart in 223 AI. FUN!

Favorite shot of the day. Two brothers standing on the same mound and both fell at the same time. Partner took the one on the left with a 223 and 55 gr BT the one of the right is from my 223 AI using a 55 gr SP. One shot per rifle and a wock ..... wock maybe a hundreth of a second apart.

Ever wondered what it REALLY looks like when a prairie dog falls in the hole? Here is proof! :)

I gutted this one with my 223 AI and the 55 gr SP (cheap bullets from MidSouth).

Call this the headless horseman. See the second picture, something was working on the other end as well.......

Arizona Hunter

Re: Fourth of July PDogs....a quick trip this AM.

Post by Arizona Hunter »

You are making me drool. I have not yet been out for p-dogs this year. :cry: Seems like all my shootin' buddies have too many commitments...maybe I need some new friends. :idea:
In your area how many shots a day is considered good? Over here in AZ if we get 100 in a day that is a lot. I'm talking about shots at reasonable distances (out to maybe 400), beyond that lots of guys (not all of course)are only spraying bullets. If I ever went to some of those places in MT, SD, WY I guess I'd need 3 rifles so that barrels can cool down from shootin' 500 rounds a day.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

:mrgreen: acloco! Way to go sounds like a heck of good time.
I thought the double was going to be two for one. But having a partner to touch a round off in sync and get both that still great!
My buddy and shooting friend was lucky to clear a family of p.dogs with his rifle chambered in 7 x 61 Sharp and hart. Bodies lying everywere. Thanks for sharing the pic.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

AZHunter - round count...well....in an exceptional area, I have shot 700 rounds in one day....with one rifle! ugh!!!

That is a LOT of shooting from a bolt rifle, no matter who/what/etc is doing the shooting.

RayP - that would be quite a deal. One shot, one family....bet that is a LEGEND passed on by many generations of prairie dogs. I can imagine several generations, circled around grandpa prairie dog, and him telling the story of the fire boom people and how they decimated the branch of the Smith prairie dog family.