Coyote hunting in missouri

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
derrick in missouri
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12

Coyote hunting in missouri

Post by derrick in missouri »

Anyone else having trouble calling predators in southeastern missouri cant seem to get it done here.... :wall: :wall: :wall:
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Re: Coyote hunting in missouri

Post by Melvin Eades »

Derrick,
I'm not from MO. but I and others around here (about 75 miles north of St. Louis in IL.) are having trouble calling coyotes. They just aren't coming very good to distress calls or howls. I'm contributing it to all the warm weather we've been having around here. It hit 64* here today. I'm thinking that when the ground gets frozen and stays that way for a while that they will start coming to the call because they won't be able to dig for mice.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
derrick in missouri

Im about to resort to traps to get some fur on the ground. :twisted: :twisted: Only thing i have called in last three weeks was a wild house cat i think it was wild. Tried to pounce on my decoy wish i had a video cam it was funny to watch. Took out several tree rats tho and some crows only thing that seems to like my calling sad thing is I was useing a fox pro caller????
DarkNight
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP, Custom White Oaks AR-15 .204 Ruger

Post by DarkNight »

I've had simiar results as Melvin. Did manage to call a pair in this morning around 8 am. Brought them out of a timber into a pasture bottom. I shot this male at about 95 paces. They came in to coyote vocalizations. No distress sounds were used..... until after the shot!

derrick in missouri

Nice yote DARKNIGHT i havent been callin since i called in the house cat gonna give it a try in the morning. What the prices of furs in your area? Yote here is bout 10 bobkitty 75 reds and gray fox 18.
DarkNight
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP, Custom White Oaks AR-15 .204 Ruger

Post by DarkNight »

Around $10 on the coyotes. Not sure on the foxes. They won't let me shoot the bobcats in Illinois...yet.