Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Lee C.

Hello everyone

Post by Lee C. »

My nam is Lee, I'm 58 been hunting and shooting, fishing and trapping for just about 50years. Been with the same gal for the last 38. I've got three son's. They all hunt and fish to.My oldest son and me both do are owen reloading. I just pick up my savage fv 204 last week. And seen this fourm and have been reading ever thing on the 204 I can. I can see there are alot peopel here that I can learn from that know about this net little 204. And if I can help some one easl I'm more than happy to. I'm from Antigo Wisconsin, every body have a great day.
Farmboyuk

Hello From England,

Post by Farmboyuk »

Hi, David Hinchliffe a crop farmer from the north of England GB.
I am 49 married to the same gal 25 years 3 grown kids.Hunted all my life, but only recently got back to rifles. Game shooting and wildfowling for past 35 years. Just restoring an old black powder hammer 12ga for next fowling season just for something different. Shot hundreds of rabbits as a boy with a.22lr. Just over a year ago bought a 17hmr, an Anschutz heavy barrel, a real tack driver and this rekindled my interest in rifles. Looking to push out my range on varmints and red fox so the .204 looks interesting.
The .223 is the most popular fox round this side of the pond so I am interested in comparisons. I am also thinking of hunting deer to and maybe favour the 6.5x55 as a deer calibre. I also hope to get into loading too when I get a centrfire. This looks like a great site and I am sure It will provide me with loads of useful information. So best regards to you all from this old limey :)
Last edited by Farmboyuk on Thu May 18, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Hi Dave-- Welcome to the Forum. Whatever you need to know just ask. This place has some very good fellas that are a bunch of help.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Farmboyuk

THANKS

Post by Farmboyuk »

THANKS for the welcome Glen. Looks like there are a lot of guys around here with a the same interests as me and great knowledge. Keep up the good work.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Welcome Farmboyuk. Have had the pleasure of chatting with a number of your countrymen about Sako rimfire rifles. Great group here, you will enjoy the forum.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome Farmboyuk....You'll find lots of like minded fellows here, all rifle looneys to be sure.

I've got a mate over there in the UK that sells our portable bench rests, Gary Sone of Shooting Bags UK. He also has the same interests, comes over here once a year to have "fun with rodents"; our local ground squirrels. You may want to look him up for some varmint conversation. His website is http://www.shootingbags.uk
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Fatty

Post by Fatty »

38yo gun fanatic in Western Oregon.

Was going to build a .223 then researched the .204 Ruger.

Nuff Said.

So now I have a Savage 12FV and need some critter targets.

Looking to get into reloading and absorb as much info as I can not only on the cartrige, but reloading and long range shooting as well.

:D
Glen

Post by Glen »

Fatty-- Welcome to the Forum. There's a few good fellas here from your neck o the woods. Now I don't know about giving up any info on their honey holes :lol: but they could maybe steer you away from the trouble spots. Good Luck in your quest to blow things up with your new 204!! :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Fatty

Post by Fatty »

Thank you Glen.

Looking forward to meeting new shooting friends as always.
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

Hi everyone my name is Lyle. I am 44 and live in Colorado and hunted
big game much of it. When I was 33 I move up in the mountains in
Walden CO where hunting is great! One of auto techs I work with took
varmint hunting and I was hooked. I went out and bought a 700 vls and
a ruger 77r in 22-250 and hunted goffers , PDs and coyote every chance
I could. About a year and half I had to move back to Denver and last
Dec. I got a rem. 700 vssf II in 204 and planing to go east for PDs .
This is a great site!
204 try it you'll like it!
lunde

Post by lunde »

I have been using .204 Ruger for a couple of years, and a friend told me about this forum. My first .204 Ruger rifle is a Cooper Arms M21 MTV. I ordered it shortly after I learned about this cartridge, in early December of 2003. In fact, if I had known that it was to be introduced, I probably would not have ordered a Cooper Arms M22 MTV in .22-250.

Anyway, I fell in love with this cartridge after using it in the field. I now have three rifles. The two others are another Cooper, an M21 Phoenix, and a Dakota Arms Serious Predator (without a Monte Carlo). The Coopers shoot quarter-inch five-shot 100-yard groups. I have not yet had a chance to shoot the Dakota.

I handload, and use the Sierra 32gr BlitzKing bullet, Winshester brass, Federal primers, and Reloder 10X powder.
Glen

Post by Glen »

race4hills & lunde-- Welcome to the Forum. You fellas have some fine rifles there. Will be standing by for the field reports. :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Gary Gubersky, 43 yrs, Alberta Canada.
Raised on a farm and have hunted all my life. Currently work in the petro-chemical industry.
Gave up rifle hunting back in 1986 due to being "shot at" by a "road hunter".
Took up bow hunting with a passion and am very successfull at it. Have taken numerous Elk, Moose, Deer, Bear, Coyotes.
Started shooting my 270 again 2 yars ago and realized how much I missed it.
Bought a Savage 12 VLP. Was going to buy a 22-250 but this web sight changed my mind and I absolutely love this gun. It is an absolute tack driver.
Would like to start re-loading in 204 and 270 but have never done it before. Have found a ton of info at this web-sight.
Savage Vaporizer
Ruger No. 1
.204 Ruger Guns: XR-100 Ruger No. 1 Savage 16

Post by Ruger No. 1 »

Welcome Gube, I am a bow hunter to. :D Glad to hear you are happy with the savage! :D
Insignificanc3

Infantry Newb

Post by Insignificanc3 »

Hi everyone. My name is Jeremy, I am 20 years old, and possibly the youngest of the bunch here. I am currently in DEP(Delayed Entry Program) for the U.S. Army. I will be serving 11X-Ray Infantry. My training will take place at Fort Benning GA. I ship Oct. 03 and won't be back until December.

I know this is going to sound weird but this very morning I decided to get into varminting. I am going to try and get as much info on the .204, as well as reloading.

I am a single male, no job(well unless you consider enlistment without pay a job(no pay till boot)), and ready to meet the world through the Army.

Hopefully I won't get shipped off too fast, and will be able to start getting things rolling with some .204 projects. I plan on doing an ar-15 variant without the blowback action so I can load one at a time and make my shots more accurate. Or go a more psycho aproach and build one heck of a bolt action rifle.

Whatever my outcome......... Good to be aboard.

11X out.