Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

cmidkiff, Welcome. You are going to love the .204. Great varmint round and a pretty good paper cartridge also.
erich

Post by erich »

Just found this sight. I'm an avid predator hunter and all-around gun nut.
This past year I put together a 25-204 wildcat. I it turned out to be a very nice dual purpose rig, deer and coyotes.

erich
After the first shot the rest are just noise.
KamiahKid

Hello from Idaho

Post by KamiahKid »

Hi, my name is Fred.

I live in central Idaho (grew up in Oregon). Till three years ago I lived in Nampa, Idaho but when I retired I moved to my present home. Lots of hunting and fishing here. I started hunting as young boy around my parents farm at Lakeview, Oregon.

I currently do not own a .204, but recently aquired a TC ProHunter muzzleloader and my next purchase will be a .204 28" barrel for it. I found this site when I was researching the 204 Ruger. I am now convinced that I need to get one.

I have been a predator/varmit hunter off and on since my college days. I am a dedicated deer hunter and love to chase those Idaho whitetails around every Fall. I also like to steelhead fish in the off season. I have hunted all over the NW but mainly here in Idaho. OH, I almost forgot, I really get a kick out of turkey hunting in the Spring.

I like to reload, but am far from an expert. I currently own several rifles & shotguns mainly bolt actions and semi autos. Calibers go from a 22-250 on the small side to a 338 Win mag on the big side.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts and will be visiting this site on a regular basis.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself! :D
Lone58

Greetings to all

Post by Lone58 »

Greetings from New York. I am a 38 year old male. I have not hunted all of my life, I have allways loved the outdoors. About 9 years ago, I took my first hunter saftey course in Connecticut while I lived there for a short time. I purchased my first shotgun that year and have slowly persued hunting and shooting since that time.
I have not hunted as much as I would like. Nevertheless, I have bow and rifle hunted Whitetail deer. Also I have hunted turkey and pheasant/chukar. I even attempted to hunt squirrel. :lol:

Presently, I have just purchased my first 204. Ruger. It's an AR-15 heavy barrel 24" version. I would really like to use it to harvest some coyotes.

I am grateful to have a bunch of 204. Ruger info at my fingertips.
Thank you for this informative forum.

Dan :P
Drew Jaeger
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF II

Post by Drew Jaeger »

Hello to all fellow hunters on 204Ruger.com.

Live in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales with a young family and work in the Goulburn area as a construction engineer. I regularly hunt on a number of local properties, annually on western NSW properties and occasionally get down to Victoria hunting the mighty Sambar deer once a year too.

I'm currently gathering information on the 204 with a view to purchase a new varminter to replace my 223 sporter. From what I've read so far, the 204 is a very impressive small game round.
Cheers

Drew

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Welcome, Drew. You will like it here. Good people and a lot of info.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

:eek: To all the new folks here that I missed>> WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :wtg:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Post by Steve V »

I've been shooting varmint guns for most of my life. My 4 or 5 days a year I get to be in Montana shooting prairie dogs is a part of heaven to me. I try to get out and call coyotes whenever posible, but time just slips away sometimes.
I'v been reading the 204 forum for just a short time..just bought my 204 CZ varminter a month ago; and have only got 20 rounds down the barrel.
I'm impressed with the gun and the acurracy of the gun, but was a little disappointed when I only got 3925 fps out of the Hornady factory 32 gr ammo. I have hand loads waiting to be shot, but it has just been bitterly cold and blowing here lately..just waitng for spring...
This is a great forum here; I have already printed up all the load data that is posted. I've hung around over at Go Go Varmint Go for a long time , but don't post alot. also hang aroud Saubier.com. I look forward to reading and learning more on the 204 in the future.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Steve V, Welcome.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Congradulations

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Don't stop now four boys your doing good keep going you will thank your self in your old age. This is one of the easiest forums to use I love the format. I also love the 204 if thats OK. Lord for give me! but the 204 is one nice shooting round. I am ah havenfun.
faucettb

Post by faucettb »

My name is Bob Faucett and I live in a small town in Idaho called Peck. I retired four years ago and now spend my time in my workshop and hunting and fishing.

Last fall I bought a CZ Varmit in 204 Ruger to replace my old Ruger #1 243 that my grand daughter decided was hers.

I've kinda lurked here and watched what you guys were doing. I also borrowed some of you folks knowledge in setting up and loading for the new

This looks like a nice place to learn some new things.

This is what I'm shooting.
Bob from Idaho
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum Bob!!

I like those CZ Varmints!!

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Hi All, My name is Gary Cook and I live in Tigard, Oregon. Last year was my rookie year for varmints and now I'm in hook-line-and sinker (I know wrong sport, but you get the idea). I guess you could say that this is all the fault of my son and member "Rick in Oregon" but seeing how I'm fifty years old I guess I should accept responsibility for my addiction. I shoot a Remington 700 VLS in .204 for the long range shots, an Ruger 77/17 HMR for mid-range, a Henry lever action 17 HMR when I wonder away from my shooting bench and a Ruger Mark III Hunter for when the little buggers charge my position and get inside the wire! :eek:
Anyway, great site, glad to be here.
Regards, Gary

"If guns kill people then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil"
Larry The Cable Guy
Glen

Post by Glen »

Hi Gary!! Welcome to the Forum!! Looking forward to many disassembled rats form you guys!! :lol:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Gary Cook: Good to have you here buddy! You'll find about everything you ever wanted to know about the 204 here, and from a great bunch of guys willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I would expect to see your fine young son Dan here soon too, a fine shot he is indeed.

See anyone you know below: :lol:

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails